Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night training

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 4 Replies
DS is 4. He's been daytime potty trained for about a year now. Night time though, not so much. He still wears pull ups at night for the most part. Almost every time I have him wear undies to bed, I wake up to his bed all wet. I make him stop drinking before bed time and use the potty before going to bed, still there's pee (either on the bed if he's wearing undies, or in the pull up). So I tried having him get up in the middle of the night. He's such a heavy sleeper!! I say his name, gently shake him, pick him up, and he's still out. Once I finally get him up, he's MAD that he's been woken up. [I think he got that from me, lol] He'll try to push me away, kick off his clothes, and cry. Then will toss and turn for a while before going back to sleep.

Ughhh. Please. How did you get your child to night train, because I don't think I'm doing this right :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I think I already replied in another group last night:) 

Heres a bump!

AdensMommy1107
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
you did. Thank you :)

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I think I already replied in another group last night:) 

Heres a bump!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

His bladder just may not be ready to hold itself during the night.   I am presuming you make sure he uses the bathroom before he lays down for the night as well, just not stopping liquids.  I would just continue using nighttime protection for bladder control.

RADmomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I agree

Quoting frndlyfn:

His bladder just may not be ready to hold itself during the night.   I am presuming you make sure he uses the bathroom before he lays down for the night as well, just not stopping liquids.  I would just continue using nighttime protection for bladder control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)