Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ppl who have had toxemia help me plz

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
Im 30 wks and 6 days pregnant and last night i noticed the bottom of my leg/ankle and foot was swollen pretty bad. i just chalked it up as ok its the heat ect well this morning i woke up got going not even an hour later its swollen again and normally my wedding ring is roomy on me now its so tight i cant even get it off and my head is hurting. i do have a history of toxemia should i be worried?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RADmomma
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I would call your dr.
3kidsmom357
by New Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
um possibly. when I had it during two of the three pregnancies when I got swollen like that I had the baby. because my protein levels were sky high. you should call your doctor and they might have you do a24 hour collection of urine to get a definite answer. did you ob do one early in to get a baseline? mine did one each time after my oldest wad born at 20ish weeks
do11face
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Do you know what your blood pressure is?

Swelling and dizziness can be normal in pregnancy but if you have a history of pre-eclampsia already, yeah, I would call your OB just to be sure.

momofthree1987
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Everyone i know is telling me oh its normal nothing to be worried over ect but i am worried. my grandmother actually died from toxemia(they were able to revive her) but i had it with my first son and was in bad shape

Quoting RADmomma:

I would call your dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Better safe than sorry.

Quoting momofthree1987:

Everyone i know is telling me oh its normal nothing to be worried over ect but i am worried. my grandmother actually died from toxemia(they were able to revive her) but i had it with my first son and was in bad shape

Quoting RADmomma:

I would call your dr.

momofthree1987
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Yea they take my urine every time

Quoting 3kidsmom357:

um possibly. when I had it during two of the three pregnancies when I got swollen like that I had the baby. because my protein levels were sky high. you should call your doctor and they might have you do a24 hour collection of urine to get a definite answer. did you ob do one early in to get a baseline? mine did one each time after my oldest wad born at 20ish weeks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Id call to be safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)