Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena and questions about endometrial ablation (may be TMI)

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have very heavy periods (go through the super thick and long overnight Always pads about every 1 to 1 1/2 hours). The heavy days last 3-4 days with the whole period lasting 7 and they show up every freaking 21 days. Sooooo my doc suggested the mirena and said if this didn't lighten them then we should do the ablation. I had the mirena placed on Thursday and I already hate the stupid freaking thing. I keep getting pinched and poked. My stomach is so freaking bloated that despite the fact that I have lost 7 pounds my pants are barely buttoning. Oh and I can't sit down and then bend over like to tie my shoes because I feel like I am being stabbed. I called and they said it sounds like it may be coming out. I paid $150 for 6 days of  hell?! So I have an appointment to get checked out on Friday. I'm thinking if it is falling out they can just keep the damn thing. Anyway....has any had the ablation?! What were the pros and cons for you? It just has me a little nervous because it sounds so scary.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeyrhea
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM

BUMP!

des-momma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM
If you want more kids don't do an ablation it kills our uterus. Maybe you should ask about a d and c. I got an ablation and I can't have kids
monkeyrhea
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'm done having kids...DH had a vasectomy :)

Quoting des-momma:

If you want more kids don't do an ablation it kills our uterus. Maybe you should ask about a d and c. I got an ablation and I can't have kids

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

wierd, i hjave loved mirena i am crampy and spot for the first month but for the most part it gets rid of my periods and helps my endometriosis a lot. Ablation makes you sterile so you can't have more kids. just make sure you know that haha. if you want help with this issue I can help using essential oils. I teach classes and im sure you will see results fast using natural medicine. if you want help just message me

Tracylynn100
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I had the cryo and it was kind of painful but I have a tilted and heart shaped uterus.  The thermal you are put under.  The only con I have is that it hurt but my periods are almost non-existent.  Panty liners are too much.  I recommend it to all my friends (hate when I forget to spell check)

rollin3kidsdeep
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I am interested in ablation too
JTROX
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Had it done 18 months ago.  Very pleased.

RADmomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Good luck!!
sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I love my mirena, no complaints, super light periods, i dont feel the iud at all. I think the person who placed the device may have mismeasured or pulled the strings because you shouldnt feel it at all. Menstrual type cramping is normal at first but the pain your describing isnt. The best way to see the placement is through an ultrasound, you shouldnt have to pay again if it was not inserted properly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
des-momma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM
OK then it doesn't make a difference. The testing I went thru hurt tho

Quoting monkeyrhea:

I'm done having kids...DH had a vasectomy :)

Quoting des-momma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)