Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I am failing at being a mom

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 2 Replies

I feel like I am failing my daughter. I feel like we dont have a strong bond like other moms do with thier daughters I am very sad about this because I love her but sometimes I feel weighed down and frustrated ok most of the time!! I spend every waking second with her. I run a in home childcare and for the most part all the kids behave fairly well but lately my daughter is a awful bully. She pushes takes hits screams and has the worst snotty attitude when talking to people and she will not listen and time outs are a joke. I put her in daycare 2 days per week but had to take her out due to only having one vehicle and we really dont have any family that is capable of watching her ever. I dont want to not include her in the daycare learning stuff (because thats my whole reason for keeping kids is to be with her and to make a living) but I cant take it anymore. I see other moms pick up their daughters from my home and the kids are so happy to see them and even coming in the morning they are excited to see me. As awful as it sounds in the morning I dred her waking for the day because when she does the battle begins. She is 4 years old and she is very smart but makes me wanna pull my hair out. When the other girls are here ( I keep 5 and they are all girls) they all wanna help cook or bake and one even wanted to fold towels but not my daughter she is only interested in playing kitty all day and being mean. I know this sounds crazy but I always dreamed of having a little girl who helped mommy and liked baking cookies and stuff but I feel like we are so disconnected and she only wants me when she sees that I am holding another child the moment I put the other kid down shes no where. Does anyone else have anything like this going on or advice or anything? Im not a mean mom and I do love my child I just really want a better relationship

by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shell.bell
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Sounds like she is wanting more of your attention and will do what it takes to get it. A lot of time kids act out for those reasons and with you running an in home daycare the focus isn't on her. More one on one time throughout the day would probably benefit. She probably feels like she has to share mommy now and thats ok. You just need to find a balance from her and ask her what she wants, hear her out and go from there.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Hi there,
Sorry to hear this,
It does sound like she is doing this for more of your attention.
I agree with the op .. talk to your dd & see what she has to say.
Big hugs to you hon  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)