Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (June 15th)

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hoping4Help
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a wonderful 8 yr old daughter who is diagnosed with Autism, ADHD, OCD and Mood Disorder Not otherwise specified. She is the love of my life! I grew up in NJ but have lived in WA since 1995 I am divorced and would like to skip this question :-) I spend all of my time writing different entities in an attempt to advocate for my daughter and her disabilities. Any time left over, I sleep! I feel so alone in trying to advocate for my child despite being totally poor due to insane identity theft. My child is currently being abused by her school system (http://www.gofundme.com/39wdq4) and does not deserve to be abused by the system for being "different". I welcome new friendships, support, prayers and understanding of what it is to be the parent of a special needs child :-)
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry to hear this is happeneing to your daughter.

Here is another group you may also enjoy.
Good luck hon :)

Quoting Hoping4Help:

I have a wonderful 8 yr old daughter who is diagnosed with Autism, ADHD, OCD and Mood Disorder Not otherwise specified. She is the love of my life! I grew up in NJ but have lived in WA since 1995 I am divorced and would like to skip this question :-) I spend all of my time writing different entities in an attempt to advocate for my daughter and her disabilities. Any time left over, I sleep! I feel so alone in trying to advocate for my child despite being totally poor due to insane identity theft. My child is currently being abused by her school system (http://www.gofundme.com/39wdq4) and does not deserve to be abused by the system for being "different". I welcome new friendships, support, prayers and understanding of what it is to be the parent of a special needs child :-)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey! Welcome to the group! Sounds like you have your hands full!! Sorry for what your school system puts you guys through!  :( thats not cool!!

Quoting Hoping4Help:

NewMommyIn2013
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

hey i juss had my first baby on april 18,2013 she is 8wks nw and im breastfeeding and bottle feeding my baby stp latchin on the 5th day of delivery how do i get my baby ta latch bk on? help please

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on having had your first baby,
Here are a couple of other groups you may also enjoy :)

Quoting NewMommyIn2013:

hey i juss had my first baby on april 18,2013 she is 8wks nw and im breastfeeding and bottle feeding my baby stp latchin on the 5th day of delivery how do i get my baby ta latch bk on? help please

travelingC
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

1.) I have one stepson but he's like my own (his mother is not involved). Eventually I plan on adopting him legally. I'm also preganant and due in Decemeber.

2.) I grew up all over the place. I was homeschooled by a tutor and my mom and we traveled everywhere. Where I call home is Northern Michigan - One side of my family lives here and that's where I am living (for now!)

3.) I met my husband in Florida at College. I was 17 (freshman) he was a senior (21), we were friends for awhile then we started dating. We got married last Spring and recently celebrated our anniversary.

4.)  I love art - drawing, painting, scuplting and music - I play the piano, gutair and violin. I also love gardening, reading, writing, photography, education and theater.

5.) On my mind today are baby names and languages (complicated to explain!).

Goldberg29
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I have a 6 year old girl and a 6 year old step son.   Grew up in Grand haven MI and still live there.  I work full time so when I get spare time I work as a independant distributor for It works.  Its fun and I earn extra cash. My daughter loves helping me.  We call it our mom and daughter time.

I can't wait to get know other moms with similar situations with two six year olds with as a  step child.  And learn fun ways to keep them learning in the summer time while school is out.

Hoping4Help
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
thank you! I will definitely check those out. I am so grateful to have found this community of understanding hearts :-)
1st-time-mom-22
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
A. I am pregnant with my first and it will be a boy.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
A. I was born and raised in Oklahoma spent ten years on and off in Washington and now I live in Las Vegas as of just about a month ago.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?
A. My husband was a family friend I knew him since I was ten and always had a crush on him when I turned 16 we started dating.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?
A. I have nothing but time right now since I'm on bed rest its actually very boring and driving me crazy.

5. What's on your mind today?
A. As I said being on bed rest is really boring and I had signed up for cafemom when I was 17 and pregnant I lost it after two months so I figured I would sign back up so I could find people to talk to
hugss

by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats to you on being pregnant!  How old is your stepson?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting travelingC:

1.) I have one stepson but he's like my own (his mother is not involved). Eventually I plan on adopting him legally. I'm also preganant and due in Decemeber.

2.) I grew up all over the place. I was homeschooled by a tutor and my mom and we traveled everywhere. Where I call home is Northern Michigan - One side of my family lives here and that's where I am living (for now!)

3.) I met my husband in Florida at College. I was 17 (freshman) he was a senior (21), we were friends for awhile then we started dating. We got married last Spring and recently celebrated our anniversary.

4.)  I love art - drawing, painting, scuplting and music - I play the piano, gutair and violin. I also love gardening, reading, writing, photography, education and theater.

5.) On my mind today are baby names and languages (complicated to explain!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)