Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (June 18th)

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 92 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nlvonblah
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a son, 23 from a previous "marriage".  My H has a S, 13 and a D 10 from a previous marriage and we have a 3 year old son together from our marriage of four years.

I grew up in South Carolina and am very used to the coastal life and now reside snap dab in the middle of the country in Fairway, Kansas.

I met my husband in a mutual interest group about 6 years ago while he was still married,  I know you want to think I am a home wrecker but I'm not they wrecked their marriage way before I was in the picture.

I like to read, watch some tv, listen to music, craft, play some games on the computer, shop, talk on the phone, pedicures and manicures.

Discontent concerning my marriage and my "relationship" with my SK's and the way my H and I co-parent or the way I parent and the way my H DOES NOT parent.  I want to pull my hair out.  I have hated my SK's for some time now and when I googled "I hate my step kids" and cafemom.com came up, I was so relieved to find that I was not alone and that I am not a villian in all this.  Yeah,  I hate my SK's and I am starting to hate my H because he just allows their behavior to escalate and he doesn't back me up.  I hate the BM, too.  She shouldn't have been allowed to have children, if you ask me.  I will vent more later.  I am exhausted from a long weekend of having the freaks over this weekend!!  I would love to have some replies.  Is anybody out there.  Missing the beach... Nlvonblah

11kvcd
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

1.HI, I only have one kid, my daughter, Sally, and she is 2

2.I grew up in California, but now I live in Pearland, TX.

3. I met my S.O. in highschool, BUT we found each other a few years later via social media. It was history after that.

4. I like to SLEEP!!!!! Oh, and to be productive, work, study, look up new things to try.

5. My mind is how I can continue to be a caretaker for my daughter and mother, but still bring money into the household. I would really like an opportunity to work from home because my mom REALLY needs me here, but how can I do that when we need the money???!! I'm not so worried about the L.O., she needs to go to daycare/school, she needs companionship and I'm not close to ready to POP another one out.lol.

Ritikakaushal
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I am a mother of twin girls, they are 2 years and 3 months today!

kirstypops
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm kirsten! I'm 20 years old I'm 2months pregnant! I'm engaged! I'm really clueless about being a mother and I really need help
believe1985
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

HI im veronica.

bow down

believe1985
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

hey im veronica and i have had 5 kids ask me anything lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Lovely pic of the two of you,
Sounds like a bit of turmoil indeed.
Here is another group you may also find helpful :)

Join us in Stepmom Central

Quoting Nlvonblah:

I have a son, 23 from a previous "marriage".  My H has a S, 13 and a D 10 from a previous marriage and we have a 3 year old son together from our marriage of four years.

I grew up in South Carolina and am very used to the coastal life and now reside snap dab in the middle of the country in Fairway, Kansas.

I met my husband in a mutual interest group about 6 years ago while he was still married,  I know you want to think I am a home wrecker but I'm not they wrecked their marriage way before I was in the picture.

I like to read, watch some tv, listen to music, craft, play some games on the computer, shop, talk on the phone, pedicures and manicures.

Discontent concerning my marriage and my "relationship" with my SK's and the way my H and I co-parent or the way I parent and the way my H DOES NOT parent.  I want to pull my hair out.  I have hated my SK's for some time now and when I googled "I hate my step kids" and cafemom.com came up, I was so relieved to find that I was not alone and that I am not a villian in all this.  Yeah,  I hate my SK's and I am starting to hate my H because he just allows their behavior to escalate and he doesn't back me up.  I hate the BM, too.  She shouldn't have been allowed to have children, if you ask me.  I will vent more later.  I am exhausted from a long weekend of having the freaks over this weekend!!  I would love to have some replies.  Is anybody out there.  Missing the beach... Nlvonblah

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
That must be difficult for you. Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting 11kvcd:

1.HI, I only have one kid, my daughter, Sally, and she is 2

2.I grew up in California, but now I live in Pearland, TX.

3. I met my S.O. in highschool, BUT we found each other a few years later via social media. It was history after that.

4. I like to SLEEP!!!!! Oh, and to be productive, work, study, look up new things to try.

5. My mind is how I can continue to be a caretaker for my daughter and mother, but still bring money into the household. I would really like an opportunity to work from home because my mom REALLY needs me here, but how can I do that when we need the money???!! I'm not so worried about the L.O., she needs to go to daycare/school, she needs companionship and I'm not close to ready to POP another one out.lol.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Oh they are growing!  Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting Ritikakaushal:

Hi! I am a mother of twin girls, they are 2 years and 3 months today!

hugss

by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on being pregnant & engaged!
Here are a couple of other groups you may enjoy :)

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Quoting kirstypops:

Hi I'm kirsten! I'm 20 years old I'm 2months pregnant! I'm engaged! I'm really clueless about being a mother and I really need help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)