Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (June 24th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (101-108):
Tiggeroo
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Hey Ladies! I'm Rebecca. I'm about to turn 31. I've been married to my husband, whom I met online, for ten years. We have three girls, ages 7, almost 5 and nearly 1. I love to read, write and freelance articles for Yahoo! Contributor Network, which is a recent hobby for me. When I have time for myself, which is admittedly rare, I love to turn on the music while I clean or just dance around my house.  I look forward to meeting all of you!

`Rebecca H.

mllawre
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I love the Round Rock area. I am actually in Round Rock at the time visiting my son and his family. I am seriously thinking of relocating here. There is so much to do.

Quoting rayana-nicole:

Hello. My name is rayana. Iam a 23 yr old mother of two. I live in Round rock near Austin, Texas. Looking to make some new friends..

MrsHogue707
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Hello there!

My name is Kellie & I am new to cafemom! I have two sweet step-daughters! Our oldest is going to be 6 in just a couple of weeks and our youngest turned 4 back in March. I have been a part of their lives for almost 3 years now, but I officially became their step-mommy on May 18th, 2013 when I married their wonderful daddy!

I grew up in a small town in Arkansas and now I live about 45 minutes away from my home town with my new family. I met my husband almost 3 years ago at college in our world liturature class. My husband is 28 and I am 22. We go together really well & we have a lot of fun together! When I do catch a little time to myself, I enjoy painting! I'm definitely no artist, but it is great therapy & a lot of fun! 

Learning how to be a great mom is very important to me and I love getting to be a part of their lives! As fun as it is, I have to admit the transistion can definitely be hard! I have been pouring over parenting books and sites to get new ideas for how to be a more creative mother. I am excited about being able to meet and seek advice from other moms!

Melou75
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Hello to everyone . I have a handsome boy who just turned 2 yrs old this past April. I live in New York and looking to meet other moms who have a child/ children on the spectrum. I'm  a single mother ,  and I joined cafeMom for support from other moms. If there's anyone here who presently lives in New York, please feel free to send me a message. I have worked with children for the past 13 yrs and I have worked with children who are on the spectrum. However, it's different when a mother is dealing with her own child; and each child is different. So, I'm here to learn, share my ideas, and to meet other mothers. 

Fuffelluv
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Hello, my name is Emma. I have two girls; a 2 yr old and a 3 month old. I live in California. I met my husband at youth group at my church. We have been together for 9 years; married for 5. I rarely get me time, but when I do I like to do nothing. Either sleep or just shut off my brain for a bit. Before the kids I liked to go to the beach or hike with my dogs. Today I am really focusing on keeping my sanity. I have been having a rough time since baby #2. I feel isolated and alone. I am working on finding and defining who I am as an individual. I know what I am to others (wife, mom, friend, etc.) But I am looking to discover who I am post children.

nanarose501
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Hi!   I have a grown son and am now raising my granddaughter who is 10 yrs. old!  I grew up in the Altadena/Pasadena area of California and now live in Fullerton, CA with my husband.  I met my husband through a mutual friend many, many years ago when we were both teenagers :)  The things I like to do most when I have time to myself are: work in my garden, I love roses!  and arts and crafts!  I am a member of a "cardmaking" women's group and we get together once a month to work on making different kinds of greeting cards!  I also make them on my own whenever I have the chance! :)

stefzimm
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Hi, my name is Stefanie and I'm 37 years old.

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

I have two daughters ages 3 and 5 (youngest just turned 3 and my oldest is actually still 4 but will be 5 in 2 weeks)

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

I grew up in Missouri and currently live in Missouri although in a different city than I grew up in.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

Through friends!

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

Ha! I don't have much time for myself :) BUT, if I do, I enjoy reading, sewing, painting, restoring furniture, anything creative.

5. What's on your mind today?

I work from home and for about a year now both girls have been in full time daycare/preschool. Starting this week I am keeping them home on Tuesdays and Thursdays to save some money until my oldest starts Kindergarten in the fall. It's going to be an interesting day....

Symonds1987
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Hi my name is Stephanie I am new to Cafe Mom. My kids are 13, 6, 3, and 1. Two are step kids, altogether I have one girl and three boys. Im happily married to my husband. I am currently living in Florida, was born and raised in Bermuda. Love home and most def. miss it been almost in Fl for about 5 years on and off, back and forth. Whats on my mind, a much need vacation. Boys are a big handful and in need of a break from kids, from college, from thinking even at all....a mental break, physical break, and emotional break!!!! quiet Night all, nice to be apart of a group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)