Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (June 28th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mammow40
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My grandson was born jan 7, 2013. He will b 6 months old on July 7. He is developing normally however he has one ear alittle smaller than the other. It's on the left side. Now that he is getting around more, we have noticed that he is using his right hand more. He will reach and grab for things with his right hand. If u put it by his left hand he will reach n get it, but its slower. Also he's learning 2 sit on his own. He will sit for a few seconds but always tip 2 his left side and just fall over. It's like he doesn't try 2 stop himself. Now I know he's little and still learning but I am just telling u all how he responds. Finally when he lays on his belly and wants 2 try 2 crawl he pushes his legs up so his butt is up in the air and scoots. He doesn't push up on his arms. The reason I type all this is bc I was researching about using one side more than the other and this article comes up. So I was wondering if any of your children who have autism acted this way when they were babies? My daughter is taking him 2 the dr on the 16 and she will be taking 2 him about this. However sometimes dr like 2 blow things off and if it needs 2 be addressed I want 2 make sure she pushes the issues and make the dr take it serious. Here is the article.

http://m.pnas.org/content/95/23/13982.full

Thank you for reading my question.

victoriajwise
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

hello my name is victoria wise, i have one child and hes my only son his name is ethan. im a single mother who is working going to school and living on my own. i grew up in anchorage, ak still here until i finsih with college. i have no significant other and not really looking either, if i get spare time i like to just catch up on sleep theres nowhere else id rather be than with my son he goes with me everywhere and i rather do that than to be away from him whats on my mind today is that i have to get up soon and get ready for the day it sucks not having a car but its okay taking the bus just time consuming

AbFabSTL
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies!

I'm Abi and I have 2 kids: Gus & Anna. Andy & I have been married for 5 years this summer.  We live in the midwest. 

I love to get pedicures and go shopping by myself. :) It doesn't happen a lot. 

I'm ready for the weekend and the upcoming holiday break!

Nice to meet your all.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Have you asked the doctor about all this?
Also maybe ask in this group here as well ..

Quoting Mammow40:

My grandson was born jan 7, 2013. He will b 6 months old on July 7. He is developing normally however he has one ear alittle smaller than the other. It's on the left side. Now that he is getting around more, we have noticed that he is using his right hand more. He will reach and grab for things with his right hand. If u put it by his left hand he will reach n get it, but its slower. Also he's learning 2 sit on his own. He will sit for a few seconds but always tip 2 his left side and just fall over. It's like he doesn't try 2 stop himself. Now I know he's little and still learning but I am just telling u all how he responds. Finally when he lays on his belly and wants 2 try 2 crawl he pushes his legs up so his butt is up in the air and scoots. He doesn't push up on his arms. The reason I type all this is bc I was researching about using one side more than the other and this article comes up. So I was wondering if any of your children who have autism acted this way when they were babies? My daughter is taking him 2 the dr on the 16 and she will be taking 2 him about this. However sometimes dr like 2 blow things off and if it needs 2 be addressed I want 2 make sure she pushes the issues and make the dr take it serious. Here is the article.

http://m.pnas.org/content/95/23/13982.full

Thank you for reading my question.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Victoria,
How old is your son?  Here is another group you may enjoy :)

Quoting victoriajwise:

hello my name is victoria wise, i have one child and hes my only son his name is ethan. im a single mother who is working going to school and living on my own. i grew up in anchorage, ak still here until i finsih with college. i have no significant other and not really looking either, if i get spare time i like to just catch up on sleep theres nowhere else id rather be than with my son he goes with me everywhere and i rather do that than to be away from him whats on my mind today is that i have to get up soon and get ready for the day it sucks not having a car but its okay taking the bus just time consuming

hugss

by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Abi,
How old are your kids?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting AbFabSTL:

Hi Ladies!

I'm Abi and I have 2 kids: Gus & Anna. Andy & I have been married for 5 years this summer.  We live in the midwest. 

I love to get pedicures and go shopping by myself. :) It doesn't happen a lot. 

I'm ready for the weekend and the upcoming holiday break!

Nice to meet your all.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Welcome to the group, Liz! I'm sure you're going to love it here. :)

You should also check out these groups, too:

Join us in the Iowa Moms group!

Quoting aster10:

Hi let me introduce my self my name is Liz I have 2 boys Tristan and Hayden Tristan is 11 and has Autism Hayden is just a regular 4 year old. I was born in the Caribbean Trinidad i lived in Canada for 12 years. My husband is German and is from Iowa, We use to be Pen pals when we were Teeenagers. We have been Married for 12 years, He is a wonderful father,and an excellent husband,We live in Iowa. In my spare time which is not alot i love reading, cooking, running,dancing and working in my Flower Garden i do not use my laptop alot, only when i have somthing important to do. hugs

Jujul
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I stumbled on this site through reading Marion roach smith's book about writing. I am hoping to sharpen my writing skills and find some friends who want to do the same. I am a bit overwhelmed by the site and all the content.
hugss

by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
If you need any help getting around here let us know ;)

Quoting Jujul:

I stumbled on this site through reading Marion roach smith's book about writing. I am hoping to sharpen my writing skills and find some friends who want to do the same. I am a bit overwhelmed by the site and all the content.

Mammow40
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u for your replies. I will also post my question in that group. Thank you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)