Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (June 29th)

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jen-Dew
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Jen. I'm totally new to any mom group. I was browsing online to see which ones people recommend and cafemom was one of the top ones. To answer the questions.

I have a stepson who is 3, a son we lost in 2011 who would 2 now, and also just lost a baby girl in December.

I grew up in northern Minnesota out in the sticks, and I miss the country very much. My husband and I currently live near Saint Cloud, MN.

This ones kind of a long story but the short version... He's the brother of one of my best friends from high school and 10 years later we found each other and fell in love.

My favorite thing is to put on my headphones and read. Completely tune out the real world for a while.

Well, I just found out that I am pregnant again. And since I gave birth early with the first 2 pregnancies and lost both babies I am terrified! We've decided not to tell our families yet, with the problems we had in the past we don't want to stress them out. The plan is if I can make it to 24 weeks without any complications we're going to tell everybody. I'm hoping to find people to talk to, since I can't tell my family right now.
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Welcome to cafemom. I'm glad you have found the site. It really is a great place!

Sorry to hear about your losses. Does your dr have any idea why it is happening? I hope this pregnancy has a happy ending for you.

Quoting Jen-Dew:

Hi my name is Jen. I'm totally new to any mom group. I was browsing online to see which ones people recommend and cafemom was one of the top ones. To answer the questions.

I have a stepson who is 3, a son we lost in 2011 who would 2 now, and also just lost a baby girl in December.

I grew up in northern Minnesota out in the sticks, and I miss the country very much. My husband and I currently live near Saint Cloud, MN.

This ones kind of a long story but the short version... He's the brother of one of my best friends from high school and 10 years later we found each other and fell in love.

My favorite thing is to put on my headphones and read. Completely tune out the real world for a while.

Well, I just found out that I am pregnant again. And since I gave birth early with the first 2 pregnancies and lost both babies I am terrified! We've decided not to tell our families yet, with the problems we had in the past we don't want to stress them out. The plan is if I can make it to 24 weeks without any complications we're going to tell everybody. I'm hoping to find people to talk to, since I can't tell my family right now.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Jen,
So sorry on your losses. 
Wishing you the best of luck with this pregnancy of yours :)

Quoting Jen-Dew:

dana63
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Quoting Jen-Dew:

I am so sorry for your loss.. If you need to talk I am here... I lost twin at bith and my son and his GF lost a child last week. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.. Hugs~

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

dana63
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

WElcome new members.. You will find many great groups on CM that will fit your needs.

Welcome!!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Welcome to the group, Jen! Congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Quoting Jen-Dew:

Hemarajkumar
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi newcomers,
My name s n hema..grown up in Coimbatore ..lives n Coimbatore with my husband and with 4 month old baby boy..
Valvez
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Hello my name is Valerie, just sign into cafemom, it is a first. 

My son is 16 months, we just moved to NJ. Bergen county, used to be very active and had lots of new moms friend to meet and to share. 

Originally from Canada, moved in the US almost 10 years ago. I met my husband in Cancun.

hope to find some new friends here.

have a good day

NancyM64
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Hi my name is Nancy I am a proud mom of  5 ,4boys and 1 girl ages are 29 ,25,21,19,18 ,grandma to 2 grandsons 4ys and 4months.i am divorced and live with my Bf Bob  he has 2 boys 18,15hugs

allin1mom
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Hi Fellow Mommy's,

My name is Jess and this is the first mommy group I've joined.  I'm a Navy Wife, mother of a toddler and soon to be new addition in three weeks, and a career woman.  When I get the chance I work on finishing my degree.  Life is hectic :)  My husband and family are my world so I'm looking forward to hear how other wives and mom's do it too!

1. We have a two year old boy and will have a new addition in three (or less) weeks. We don't know the sex of the new baby so the anticipation is killing me! :)

2. I'm a world-wide military kid so no place was "home" until we settled back at DC in the 80's where I lived for 20 years.  We've recently moved to TX on assignment so this is home for now :)

3. My husband and I met on-line!  Of all things, we figured out that we worked in the buildings right across the street from each other on the same base.  So we met for lunch one fateful day and have been inseparable since. :)

4. Time to myself... what's that? :)  Something I need to carve more of for sure.  Since the pregnancy, any time to myself this last trimester is spent off my feet watching tv or catching up online. I love reading, getting pedicures, sewing, and finding new recipes to make for the family.

5. 8 puppies and two surgeries are on my mind today.  We're desperately trying to sell 8 puppies so we're continuing that effort today.  We're also going to get the rest of the house ready for when when his father and my father visit to lend us helping hands.  We're facing two surgeriges in two weeks; my husband's back surgery in a little over a week and my c-section in a little over two weeks. Did I mention it's always hectic here? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)