Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

My 3 year old is potty trained during the day but refuses to wear underwear. He Will go in the bathroom and take off his diaper and go on the toilet. Any suggestions on how to get that diaper off permanently without discouraging him to use the bathroom?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovemymini
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Let him pick out his own underwear. I took my DS on a big boy date and he got to pick a character underwear pack.
proudmama247
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Sounds good I picked out Cars which is his favorite thing ever but you never know with kids thanks for the advice

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
With my daughter it was the princess underwear. She was potty trained but didn't like the ones I had for her. Panties with princesses on them and she was hooked, lol.
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, and with my boys after they were potty trained for a bit they got lazy and stopped trying, and started having accidents again. For them the bribe was getting to wear boxers (just like daddy, lol), if they stayed dry.
proudmama247
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Ya my daughter is 2 and she sees big brother go all the time and she goes about 40% of the time ont he potty so maybe the princess thing will work cause thats her favorite

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Love this idea :)

Quoting lovemymini:

Let him pick out his own underwear. I took my DS on a big boy date and he got to pick a character underwear pack.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Ditto

Quoting lovemymini:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I agree with the others.  It could be anything about the ones you picked out he may just not like about them.  For my dd it was ones that had tags, she did not like at all.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I agree just let him be very involved and pick out his own undies. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)