Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he doesn't want to introduce me to his family

Posted by   + Show Post
Me and my boyfriend dated for 2 years now my problem is everytime I tell him that I want to meet his family he makes excuses because he said he wants to marry me how can I marry a person not knowing whr he comes from
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
cox3
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Maybe he is already married or has another gf that he already took to meet his parent?
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

This is what I was thinking.  Especially after two years of being together.  I would understand a few months (maybe).

Quoting Junebaby18:

Sounds like he's hiding something. If he wants to marry you, he should be proud to show you off.

Peaches808
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

If it is important to u don't let him get away with it, sit tall in ur back look him in the eye's and ask him piont blank what u want to know and don't give in if he love u as much as u love him he should be trueful, but if he dopes his head and want look u back in the eyes, he may be hiding something, it may not be about his family but about himself that he may not want revealed. it's not always the family, but the person running from something, 

bronxbeauty06
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM
What does he say when u ask him?, I think after two years u should at least have met one person, is he close to them. Communicate that's the key to any lasting relationship.
Txangel10
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Smookey, In my personal opinion, he's probably not ready to marry, and just saying he does so you won't break up with him. There is also a chance that he has problems from his past he didn't want you to find out about or is at odds with his family and didn't want to deal with it by bringing you there. I'm trying to cover all the bases here; however, I, made the mistake of marrying my husband without meeting his family. He made excuses that they were horrible to him so he doesn't communicate with them. What I discovered is that everything he told me about himself is a lie, and he has an alcohol problem, was emotionally, sexually and physically abused as a kid, he is a pathological liar. I think you need to find out more about him and his family and if he can't accommodate, i'd tell him hit the road jack.this is just my opinion. Sorry so negative, but bette to be safe than sorry.
SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
He could be embarrassed of his family
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

You are right to be cautious.

tapies2324
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Damn smooookie! Where u at???
SteffM0501
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I met my husband's family after we dated for a few months, as soon as we got serious we made the introductions. If he was serious about you, he'd want you to meet them. 

Mommyto38429
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM
it has been 10 years that I've known my bf and I have not met his mother yet and he just met my family this weakend because we decided to get married. However, my brother who is 23 has lost more than one relationship because he won't introduce them to the family because he is ashamed and embarrassed by our parents. I wouldn't run for the hills just yet, but I would keep my eyes open and put my foot down about meeting his family. At that point if he runs you know something is up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)