Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Louie Jay has a prognosis. UPDATE 8/11/14

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 37 Replies

If you've been following us, you know the back story. If not:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/18582549/My_son_has_a_brain_tumor_another_NEW_UPDATE_6_6_13_Prognosis

We are starting Chemotherapy next week. We are getting away this weekend. We're spending the entire weekend starting tomorrow at my mother in laws in Maui. We need some time away, together. Louie is a fantastic son. I could never have wanted anything more than what I have in him. He is a strong, strong boy. He smiles through all of his pain. We still are so sad we can't do anything to help him feel 100% better. We want to take the pain away but this is Louie's fight. We're just in it with him. We hope more than anything he will be a survivor and I will gladly post another one of these updates one day telling you all the wonderful news that Louie is free from his cancer. That is my only want for my sweet son. We are spending our time with him (however fleeting it may seem), praying and loving and cuddling and living out life to the fullest. The doctors told us today that there is a 30 percent chance he will make it to the age of 5.

My heart was broken! How could someone put an age on my baby? How could he tell me the odds are against me seeing my son live out a life? See him have his first crush? Help him with his homework? Teach him to ride a bike? Drop him off for his first day of school with anxiety and tears and overwhelming joy because he is growing into such a big boy? The odds are stacked against us ever potty training him. Teaching him to swim. Him joining a soccer/football/dance/cheerleading/whatever-the-hell-makes-him-happy team. We might not get to teach our boy musical instruments or bake or watch him in his first school recital. We might not get to tell him over and over and over again to CLEAN THE LIZARD TANK! or PICK UP YOUR CLOTHES LOUIE. We might not get to see him have his first crush, go on his first date, fall in love for the first time, come home with lipstick on his face. We might not get to have him stumbling in all hours of the night like teenagers will do. I might not get to bring him tea and saltines when he's puking his guts up after his first encounter with alcohol. We might not get to see him get heartbroken, only to have a special, special girl fix every piece. We might not get to buy him his first car, see him go to his prom, hear about how his school is "SO LAME". We might not get to have him be embarrassed by us to the point of "PLEASE drop me off at the curb. No mom, please don't come in with me!" We might not get to see him meet the love of his life. Pop the question. Get married. Have children of his own and come visit us with his own family when we're old and wise.

We long for our boy to live out a healthy, happy, eventful life. Full of mistakes and special moments and experience broken hearts and failed tests and happiness and overwhelming joy and love and everything in between. We are living the days we have with him to the absolute fullest. We are in love with our boy and we will fight until there's nothing left.

Please please keep us in your prayers. We are really, truly in need of them. We are heart broken and we are needing prayers for peace.

Thank you so much.

-Brooke.

Hi all! My it has been a very very busy year for our family!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their MAJOR prayers and help and thoughts this year. I had to take a break from posting because of lack of time. I needed to withdraw to be sure my focus was solely on my family and surrounding our boy in love and attention.

Secondly, I would like to report that our sweet baby is doing WONDERFULLY! He is beyond great these days.

Louie just turned two years old this month, and we have been celebrating all week! 

He had a scare with a tumor in March, but it was benign.

In June, we welcomed a sweet baby boy into our family! His name is Elijah David, he is absolutely beautiful in every single way. He's brought so much happiness where there was so much darkness. There is now nothing but light!

Louie and Norah LOVE their baby brother, and we are beyond thrilled to have him here!

We have talked to many doctors about Louie's prognosis, and they've said he is doing leaps and bounds better than they expected! He is doing extremely well, and has regained all his strength. He has started Day school at our church and is LOVING it.

Again, thank you everyone for your wonderful love for some strangers over the internet. It always astounds me the amount of love someone can have for someone they've never met.

It means the world.

by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4littlewheelers
by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

and a bump to get things moving.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been following your story and my family will continue to pray for y'all.

I also believe with GOD all things are possible. I believe y'all will get thr this.

rgba
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM
:(

Hugs and prayers to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM

will keep praying for your family

Momto8kidsyay
by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Praying for you and your little sweetheart!!
blue_apalt
by Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I saw your waitress post earlier but hadn't heard any of your story about your son until now (read your link).  I just want to say I'm so sorry you are going threw this.  I cant imagine what it must be like.  As a christian, I fully believe that God can and does have the ability to work miracles.  I don't know what he has in store for your son, your family, but I will be praying that he will work threw this and that Louie will be healed.  HUGs. and may prayers.

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Hugs to you and your little man. I don't even know what to say as there are no words that can make it better, but your posts touched me. Through just your words I can feel your love for your family... It brought tears to my eyes. Louie will get through this... And you will get to see all those firsts you mentioned... And you will appreciate them all that much more than so many parents. He's going to make it!
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
So damn heartbreaking :( I hope and pray he beats all odds and fools those drs and proves everyone wrong!
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Exactly this

Quoting proudmommy690:

So damn heartbreaking :( I hope and pray he beats all odds and fools those drs and proves everyone wrong!
got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Hugs and prayers! For everyone. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN