Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What color should I paint my outdoor furniture?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have some brown wicker furniture that is fading from being outdoors - I need to paint it to protect it from more sun and rain damage.

I do not want to paint it white.  I was thinking either brown or turquoise....but I'm open to other suggestions.

The furniture is on the back porch backing up to the house - the house is painted a cream color - the furniture will back up to this color wall.

The furniture has cushions, which I will recover after I decide what color I am painting my furniture.

If you have any suggestions for color, if you have the name and brand of the color, that would be super helpful, too.

THANK YOU!!

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Why don't you pick the fabric first and paint accordingly? It'll be easier to match paint to fabric then fabric to paint.
alexis_06
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

i like the idea of painting them turquoise :)  thats always a pretty colour

texassahm
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a good idea :)  I was thinking I would just get a solid contrasting color in fabric, so I figured I'd paint first.  But this is a good idea - I could even pick out a pattern with this method. :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Why don't you pick the fabric first and paint accordingly? It'll be easier to match paint to fabric then fabric to paint.

SkylarBeth
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Yellow with turquios fabric
SareyF
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I like turquoise, coral, and green.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)