Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Need advice

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this
Brother got into car accident registered in my name?!?
So back in December my brother had a vehicle accident and was found at fault. The car was registered to my name because I just sold it to him. I received a certified letter from one car owner willing to settle out of court & he's been paying them. Now I received a letter from an attorneys office representing state farm stating that they've forwarded some information over to dept of transportation to suspend and/or revoke vehicles registrations and/or license. I haven't heard from State Farm before this time. I need to know if there is ANYTHING that I can do to get my name out of this accident. My brother is taking FULL responsibility. I don't know what I can tell State Farm to lift my name from this... My brother is willing to do whatever it takes to get this off of my name. We are located in WI if that matters! Please give me any advice... I just need to know what I need to say and/or do to get this off my name. Thanks!
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Whose insurance was it?  You should have changed over the title that day you sold it to him.  Contact the dept of transpo and all insurances involved with the car to find out what has to be done.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I do not know what to tell you .

I would Take HIM & ALL PAPER WORK with me.

See if you can fix this situation. A.S.A.P.

alexis_06
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM

sorry, i have no idea...hopefully someome can help you tho :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)