Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's wrong with me?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

This has happened to me many times over the last few years. But it used to be like maybe five times a year. Since I changed me eating habits and started working out and loosing weight it has been happening a lot more often. I just get this horrible feeling inside. I can't really explain it but it is not a good feeling. It is under my ribs on both side. If I sit down and not move it will go away but if I get up and start moving around again it come back. But normally if I eat something then it will go away and not come back. I know most of you will say go to the doctor but I have no insurance and can not afford to go to the doctor.

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandi2781
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Could be gall bladder, ulcers, gastritis, or a number of other things. Even without insurance it is best if you go on in and have it checked out.
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting brandi2781:

Could be gall bladder, ulcers, gastritis, or a number of other things. Even without insurance it is best if you go on in and have it checked out.

The pain is up to high to be those things I do believe. And I am not sure that eating would make any of those feel better either.

brandi2781
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
With your gallbladder it will hurt right up underneath your rib cage, I have had mine removed and get what I call phantom pains there and eating helps them. With ulcers you can hurt and eating can help with the burning pain sometimes, depends on the person. My DH has gastritis and hurts there and eating certain foods helps when he hurts. I know you said you can't afford the doctor but it may be time to find one that is on a sliding scale and go there just to make sure it isn't anything serious since you said it is getting worse.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting brandi2781:

The pain is up to high to be those things I do believe. And I am not sure that eating would make any of those feel better either.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Kidney stones?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

BUMP!

jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

That could be a number of things. However, my biggest worry would be heart related. Women usually do not have the typical heart attack symptoms, just a feeling of impending doom, nausea, or odd pain in the belly region. It could be gall bladder, gastric, an ulcer, or liver. Really the only thing you can do is go to the doctor or ER, no one else can help you unless you are actually diagnosed. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I agree with jojo- women have unusual heart attack symptoms. Better be safe than not.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I don't feel nausea and the pain isn't in the belly area.  It's more on the side like the lung area. 

Quoting jojo_star:

That could be a number of things. However, my biggest worry would be heart related. Women usually do not have the typical heart attack symptoms, just a feeling of impending doom, nausea, or odd pain in the belly region. It could be gall bladder, gastric, an ulcer, or liver. Really the only thing you can do is go to the doctor or ER, no one else can help you unless you are actually diagnosed. 

Kimberlynn
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I know you don't have insurance, but sweetie, if you are in pain or feeling "off", you need to be checked out to rule out something serious. Sending good thoughts and prayers that you feel better soon!
Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Mmmmm, gall bladder? That's my guess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN