Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i curl my 2 year olds hair?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

Today is baby Katie's 2nd birthday! Her hair is curly in back but the front is straight i want to curl it for the first time but i dont want to ruin her hair. Is it ok to use a curling iron on baby? I guess as long as she holds still her hair is looong so I am sure i can do it with out burning her and i am sure if i dont use too hot an iron it would be ok right? what do you think?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
scperdomo
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I dont see why not. One time won't kill it. Its just hair anyway.
Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I think wet hair, foam curlers, and drying it with a hair dryer or air dry if you have time. I wouldn't do heat on her hair just yet.
Just me....and what my mom did
a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Try it. I straightened my DD's hair when she was young. Just don't get too close or too hot. And its not going to damage it unless you start doing it daily.
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
There are some good heatless ways to curl hair. I would try that before a curling iron unless you know she will sit still. Also use the lowest heat setting
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Yes.

She is fine.

She'll just have to sit still.
Cherriemama831
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM

i wont ruin it by doing it once in a blue moon . My girls are in baton 5 & 8 and i have to curl thier hair in ringlets for a performance 2 days in a row . Just use conditioner when u wash it and dont do it all the time itll be just fine

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I wouldn't use a curling iron for fear of burning the child.  Foam curlers or even rags with the hair spritzed a bit with water to dampen it, very slightly.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)