Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non-LDS support group in Utah Valley

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm a mom of a 16 month old boy who is so sweet, social, and active. I feel isolated because I live in Utah and all my friends and family are mormon. I used to be mormon but i don't believe what they teach anymore.... I really miss the social connections and support group that organized religion offers but I feel hypocritical going when I don't believe. I don't know how to make friends outside of church but I'd really like to for my sake and my son's. He loves meeting new people, being with kids his age, etc.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried the library cork board or maybe the YMCA? They usually have club/group meetings listed. 

Stheno
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I haven't! Thank you, I'll visit the library tomorrow and check it out.
funhappymom
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Quoting jojo_star:

Have you tried the library cork board or maybe the YMCA? They usually have club/group meetings listed. 

This would be my suggestion, also.

Also, you can just go to parks and meet people that way. Sure they might be LDS, but that doesn't mean you need to believe LDS ways in order to be friends and hang out. If they offer to have you join a meeting or something, you can decline. Good luck.

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Go to parks, libraries,  or mom meet up groups. Have you totally given up religion or just LDS?

Reina13
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Hi and welcome.

Definitely look at your local library and community centers. They have tons of programs during the summer. It would be a great place to meet other moms with possibly similiar interests as yourself. 

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)