Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Orlando and looking to make friends to go out with

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello, my Name is Eraina and I have two gorgeous children and a handsome and wonderful husband. We have a baby boy that is 9 months now and a little girl that is 4 years old.  I am originally from New Jersey and my husband is from Massachusetts.  I am 38 years old.  We lived in Fort Lauderdale for years and now we have recently moved to Orlando due to my husband's job causing us to relocate. He works for Homeland Security.  I work at home as a recruiter. I staff Emergency Medicine Doctors and Hospitalist across the country.  I have a great professional position in life, however it has its downfalls.  One of them is, since I work from home and just moved to Orlando, I am not able to meet people. I do not know anyone and find my self-lonely and bored when my husband is not home.  Now, it seems like my life revolves around my children and my husband, which never used to be. I used to have my own life in Ft, Lauderdale in addition to being a Mom and wife,. This situation has made me unhappy and cranky all the time. I am used to being an active Mommy.  I used to go the gym 4 time s a week, go out with the girls to dinner, movies, quaint lounges that play soothing and great music, travel , do 5ks and obstacles run's, etc.... and now  it has all come to a pause.  My daughter is bored too, because all her friends are in Fort Lauderdale, but since she is starting kindergarten in August that will soon change for her. She will meet some great friends, I pray.  I even thought about looking for a job that was office based in the recruitment field so that I can be around people, but then that would disturb me being able to be there for my children everyday when I am needed and my work life balance, once I find it. (LOL)With that being said, I decided to go online and do a Google search for Moms to meet Moms and I came across this site.

If you live in East Orlando or near by and are looking to add to your life a energetic, love to have fun,  go getter of a Mom, then please  get in contact with me.

I know this probably sounds like a singles ad, but hey what ever it takes.  I guess I am a "friend single" Mom looking to develop lasting friendships.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Hi Eraina, welcome to the group.

You do sound like a busy mom and I completely understand how working from home can have its downfalls.

You should check out the Florida Moms group to see if there are other moms in your area.

Join us on the  Florida Moms group!

by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I am from the Orlando area but live in Texas right now. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I'm not in Florida, but welcome Eraina! 

I think once your daughter starts school in the fall, you'll probably all get a lot more active and meet more people.

by Emerald Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Hi, Eraina! Welcome to the group!  Volunteer work usually can get you in touch with people of similar interests.

by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Welcome to the group! There is a Florida moms group! I hope you find some other moms to connect with!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Thank you

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hello Ladies!

I live in East Orlando and am looking for childcare at nights and on weekedns , so that I can start on having a life again. Does anyonwe know of any great babysitters that will come out to m y home?

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My boyfriend and his Dad's family is from Quincy, Mass. And his Mom and her family are from Jersey, lol. She lives in Kissimmee.
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Hi hi :))

Welcome to CM !

I'm in FL but not Orlando... although I LOVE Orlando.  We go up there and visit friends every so often for the weekend.

I hope you like it here :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)