Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: To honor my late mother's birthday, I would post a picture on Facebook of me with her:

Options:

looking healthy.

looking terminally ill.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 90

View Results

What's your take?

If you have a loved one who died from a terminal illness...let's say, it's your mom, today is her birthday and you decide to post a picture of you and your mom on Facebook honoring her.

Do you choose a photo of you and your mom when she is well and healthy looking, or do you post a picture of you and your mom with her looking very sick?

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
MrsLuciano02
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I do have a parent who is dieing from a terminal illness (Alzheimer's) and my FB pic is a pic of the two of us last week but it is the best one of him (I think)

MrsLuciano02
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

sorry for your loss, my dad is in stage 6 of Alzhimer's and I am scarred to death of loosing him, I am daddys little girl and I don't know what I would do with out him

Quoting momofsixangels:

I lost my Mom last year. I posted a pic of her with the grandkids.It was taken at the nursing home.She had alzheimers but in the pic she is all smiles.You post w/e you want!!! Sorry for your loss!

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I would post a pic of her when she was healthy...that's just what I think I would do. 
Sorry for your loss :(

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM

happy and healthy :)

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:08 AM

I heard a quote recently in a play in which a girl was so upset about her sister dying in a car accident and she just wanted everything to go back to how it was before the accident and she was wondering how she will ever get over it.  In the play, she was told that it wasn't how her sister died that counts, but the journey before she got there.  If she would focus on that and cherish the priviledge of the journey they had together, then she would be able to heal.

I say go for the healthy picture.

luvnature
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM

always post pictures of people in their best years, not when they were sick. that is disrespectful  towards the deceased people.  

mom2one29
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I would post the picture that had the best memory attached to it. 

bekalynne440
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM

The way you word it is a little weird.  I would post pictures of the person looking healthy, however I know the later pictures may be cherished because those are the last pictures a person has of that person.  My sister passed away.  I certainly prefer the pictures of her looking healthy (healthy being relative to her history), however the pictures of the family with her a few days before she passed away certainly have their place.  I will look at those when I am remembering saying goodbye, or sometimes to remind myself that she is better off in heaven than she was here in her last days.

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM

yes i would do healthy & happy pic 

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I would post pictures that meant something to me - healthy or ill... 

You're not coming off as a nice friend here...  What you would do and what others would do is completely meaningless to what your friend is doing.  ffs who are you to pass any sort of judgement?

Quoting texassahm:

FYI - This is not about me, it's about someone I love who lost their mom.  I think she is posting ill pics of her mom to get attention.  But I wanted to get other's opinions before I passed that judgment.  My mom did die (in 1989) and any time *I* post pics of her, it's always of her looking healthy and happy, because that's how I want others to remember her and that's how I remember her.

I just suggested the idea of a happy picture to her and she took it rather well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)