Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Summer before Kindergarten....

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

Were you ever worried about either of your child the summer before they started Kindergarten? My ds is starting Kindergarten in Aug and I am worried about him. My dh just completed Kindergarten however at the time I was a stay at home mom and now I work full time so I feel that she was more prepared.

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I was worried since she did not have formal schooling yet like others who were coming from a preschool setting.   She settled in fairly quick and has been one of the brightest children book smart wise.  She has delays in social areas so those have been a big hurdle.  She is going into 2nd grade this coming fall

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My son isn't entering kindergarten yet, but I'm not worried because he just missed the cut off this year. He'll be one of the older kids in his class.

Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yes ds starts this September and I am so  scared

Reina13
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I worried with my kids too because they had never been in a formal school or social environment before Kindergarten, but honestly I worried for nothing. Children easily adapt and they all did really great when they started.

I think it is natural for moms to worry when their kids go to school full time, just don't let on that you are worried or it may make them anxious about going as well.

ConcernedCousin
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM

my son just finished pre k and will be in k in the fall. he's super excited, but i'm not worried about him. i'm a sahm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)