Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Carseat mommas-help!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

My little guy is 4.5 months old and is 1/2lb away from outweighing his infant carrier. What is a good rfing convertable seat that would be good for a baby still so young? (And not the most expensive please). :)
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellaamore
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I love the truefit premier.

Its 140$ on albeebaby.com with free shipping.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I like the myride that Gabby is using.
TheMrs407
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM
We also have a TrueFit Premier that we love. Britax and Graco also have great reviews. Since your little one is out growing the weight already, I would look for one with a high weight limit.

Here is a great link:
http://m.parenting.com/entry/view/id/6020/i/0/p/0/?KSID=cc5071b1e6715ebcc8795915b137ade5

Quoting bellaamore:

I love the truefit premier.

Its 140$ on albeebaby.com with free shipping.

MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM
We have a mysize70, and we really love it. My five year old could rf in it if he was a pound lighter. It's also super easy to install and adjust. What you're looking for is a seat with a tall shell and high harness heights so you won't have to buy another seat until much later. I think we paid $120, so not terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Evenflo Sureride it's not expensive and has a decent shell height. If you can extend your budget a MySize or Headwise.
mommy2adandykid
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

myride 65

Molimomma
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My son was super long and outgrew the carrier car seat quick. We went into the Britax boulevard which is a bit expensive but he's now 3.5 and still in the same seat because it grows nicely with the kiddo. The straps are easy to adjust, it comes with extra pads that are later removable as the grow. I also really liked hat the crotch buckle was also adjustable it has a slot to move it forward so I wasn't crushing his important bits as he(and he diapers) got bigger. It can be rear facing and then forward facing. I've taken it in about 8 plane rides too. Worth every penny and if you use the toys r us gear trade in program it might not be so expensive.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We have a myride.  RF until 40lbs and then forward face until 65lbs.  Love it! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AmiJanell
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I would probably do a mysize70
aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM

i have a complete air 65 i love it, my sons been in it since 7month n now he is 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)