Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Colorado Fire Season, go away!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I live in Colorado and fire season has officially begun for us here. We have one burning at the Royal Gorge (3,800 acres burning), one in Colorado Springs (3,600 evacuated including a friend of mine's family) and one in Rocky Mountain National Park (last report is 400 acres) just west of Denver.

Fire season is just starting apparently and I'm already over it! It needs to go away, did we not burn enough last year?

So much damage was done last year and it had even more meaning for me then cause my hubby was working in an area that was near the big Colorado Springs Wildfire last year, he came home a day before it exploded into a huge wild fire last year.

I'm so concerned about all of my fellow Colorado people. My only prayer is that it doesn't get as bad as it was last year and that people stay safe this year, including our brave men and women who are out there fighting the fires.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bannannagirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I agree. Where in Colorado are you? We are in Colorado Springs about 15 minutes south of the Black Forest fire. The one thing I noticed is this fire is right around the same time as the Waldo Canyon fire was last year and on the opposite side of town. Waldo Canyon was northwest this one is northeast.
Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'm in Denver and we are getting the smells up here. Everything has been cloudy and nasty smelling.  We're getting hit with the smoke from Black Forest and Rocky National. I have asthma and allergies so this isn't helping any.

Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Some images from my back yard looking towards the mountains...usually you can see the peaks from my house...not today...

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I've been praying for you guys. I remember hearing about how bad your fires were last year, and you definitely did not need these new ones. We've been pretty lucky so far here in California, though it's just a matter of time, I suppose, before we get a bad one.
t1gger143
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM
It has been an interesting season so far in SoCal. I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer. Dh is a firefighter and will be stuck on 28 day shifts if it gets bad.
Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM

We've already had two deaths reported from the fire. Embers are being seen blowing over Colorado Springs, which is just a few miles south of Black Forest, so they are really worried. Last report said that if it manages to reach any of the lines they have going to try and stop it, there would be nothing they could do, because right now they can't get a handle on it.

jomami
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I'm so sorry. I hope they get a handle on the fires soon so they can extinguish them and save the rest of those houses!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN