Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Horny Goat Weed??

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I'm new to cafe mom..Hello :) I'm Kelce...anyway (btw I've posted journals feel free to read (: ) I have a slight dilemma in my relationship.  Its not a major problem but I worry it could be.  I took my boyfriends virginity, hes 19 and Im 22, not a major age difference and we really don't think anything about it but I'm getting off subject.  When we had sex and I took his v card, I was totally afraid it was gonna be awkward but it wasn't at all.  We had sex two more times after that and then....it stopped.  Why? Well..... he has a slight problem.  Hes able to get it up but cant keep it up.  It really upsets him and embarrasses him, and I try to comfort him and tell him it doesn't change my feelings for him, which it doesn't at all I still love him very much, i don't love him any less.  But it still makes him feel I guess emasculated and he gets so upset he cries.  It breaks my heart :( He never had this problem those three times we had sex.  I've given him suggestions to help but all he says is "let me fix it".  I've given him oral sex plenty of times and hes had to problems getting hard, staying hard and getting off.  So of course I feel like its me.  But he tells me its not.  And because we're successful with oral sex i don't think its medical either.  I've heard of a vitamin called "Horny Goat Weed" and a few of my boyfriends friends have taken it and said it doesn't make you get a hard on, but when you get one it helps you keep one.  Which is what he needs.  I guess its an ego thing.  Its been almost two months since we had sex.  Our relationship is absolutely amazing without sex.  So us not having sex doesn't change anything at all. But lets face it we all have wants, needs and urges.  And I've always felt like every relationship needs intimacy, which we have that we just don't have sex.  Its very possible to have intimacy without sex.  But I would like for us to have sex eventually.  I just don't know what to do.  I think hes to the point where he doesn't even wanna try because hes afraid its just gonna happen again and hes gonna end up embarrassed again. Ooooh anyway.  Thoughts, comments, concerns, advice are welcome!!!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissyAnn141
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM

crying HOPE THINGS GET BETTER ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It's very possible it's a mind thing. It happened once and now he's so afraid it will happen again that he keeps thinking about it causing it to happen. Or maybe he's afraid you aren't liking it or something.

I would suggest that he sees a doctor before taking anything. Even natural stuff has side effects.

BTW, are you a mom?

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I have to agree. It could very well be a mental thing and he could be over thinking it.

As far as taking any kind of supplement, I would suggest he see a doctor first. Even 'all natural' stuff can have serious side effects.

Good luck

PS, tell us about you and your little people.   :)

Quoting funhappymom:

It's very possible it's a mind thing. It happened once and now he's so afraid it will happen again that he keeps thinking about it causing it to happen. Or maybe he's afraid you aren't liking it or something.

I would suggest that he sees a doctor before taking anything. Even natural stuff has side effects.

BTW, are you a mom?

KelceJay
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Ive mentioned going to see a doctor but hes pretty much against it because he feels its something he himself can fix. Yes :) I am a mom. I wrote a journal that introduces my self and tells about my little one. :)
Quoting funhappymom:

BTW, are you a mom?

KelceJay
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I wrote a journal that tells about my little man :) Its titled L!fe Happens. Go check it out :)
Quoting Reina13:

I have to agree. It could very well be a mental thing and he could be over thinking it.

As far as taking any kind of supplement, I would suggest he see a doctor first. Even 'all natural' stuff can have serious side effects.

Good luck

PS, tell us about you and your little people.   :)

Quoting funhappymom:

BTW, are you a mom?

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Unfortunately, that's pretty normal for a male. They don't like doctors, especially when it comes to their manhood not working. Continue to be supportive of him and don't put pressure on him.

Quoting KelceJay:

Ive mentioned going to see a doctor but hes pretty much against it because he feels its something he himself can fix. Yes :) I am a mom. I wrote a journal that introduces my self and tells about my little one. :)
Quoting funhappymom:

BTW, are you a mom?

RADmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
How often does he masturbate. ??

Part of it is in his head I'm sure because he's afraid it's going to happen again. Does he drink? On any new mess??
RADmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Meds.,, not mess

Quoting RADmomma:

How often does he masturbate. ??

Part of it is in his head I'm sure because he's afraid it's going to happen again. Does he drink? On any new mess??
petie1104
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Are you using condoms? I ask because certain brands reduce the sensation in certain me. Long ago in a galaxy far away (meaning when I was single) I had a bf who had that problem. We ended up trying different condoms until we found one that worked well.

Other than that, it could very well be a mental thing. He needs to relax and not think about the what ifs.
KelceJay
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Yes we use condoms but he cant keep it hard long enough to get the condom on. I think he thinks way to much about it rather than just doing it. If that makes any sense lol
Quoting petie1104:

Are you using condoms? I ask because certain brands reduce the sensation in certain me. Long ago in a galaxy far away (meaning when I was single) I had a bf who had that problem. We ended up trying different condoms until we found one that worked well.

Other than that, it could very well be a mental thing. He needs to relax and not think about the what ifs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)