Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my daughter had her baby at 26 wks along baby weighing 1lb 14oz she is in the nicu has been for 2  1/2 months now weighs a whopping 5lb .... the dad has denied her all thru the pregnancy n when came time for baby to come he was in the game went to hospital whole nine was goin to see her semi reg for a couple wks then stopped goin all together for a month n half or better sent his mom to babys hospital room in the nicu today with a home preg test she swabs babys mouth n says she already swabbed her sons that morn ....would this upset you am i the only one that finds this tad bit uncalled for....time n place way off n isnt the dad suppose to come and do it at the same time infront of a wittness???? opinions welcome advice needed cuz im heated!!!!                                           frustrated

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
kylesmommy10
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I'd have to say, yes it is un called for. There is a time and a place for that. If I was you her I would want to be a witness or have somebody I know be witness of the mouth swabings. You don't know if she actually swab her sons mouth or if she swabed somebody elses.. I talk to a lawyer to be honest and see what they said about it, because I'm pretty sure there has to be a witness for both the swapping and its gotta go to court. I'd go the full extent. And if it does comes back positive for baby, id have his ass for child support. He don't sound like a keeper. Hope the baby is getting better and stronger.
Cherish77
by Cherish on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Sorry to me, it sounds like a dick move, a baby daddy who doesn't want to take responsibilty for what he helped create.

Quoting TheMetal:

I find that he made the logical decision.

No matter what who tells you, trust that there may be a valid reason for his suspicion that the baby is not his. Your daughter may not be the perfect angel she says she is. I find it a bit strange that she would do his DNA test for him however, he may not have wanted the confrontation between the two of you.

It is wise of him to ensure the child is his before getting further involved. In essence, he is doing your end of the work for you.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting Sunshine257:

This is not a popular opinion. I don't see the problem with DNA tests. I would be pissed he was off and on involved. He doesn't sound like a real winner.

I think the insenstive part was the fact that this is what they were concerned about with the child was still NICU.

Sunshine257
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Yes that is true. It was insensitive.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting Sunshine257:

This is not a popular opinion. I don't see the problem with DNA tests. I would be pissed he was off and on involved. He doesn't sound like a real winner.

I think the insenstive part was the fact that this is what they were concerned about with the child was still NICU.

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Yes.  I would be calling a lawyer.

copasetic1
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

How did she get into a NICU? Access is restricted. Doing such a thing to an infant in the NICU is terrible, I am surprised they didn't throw her out. I know the nurses would have had a fit if they saw her put anything in the baby's mouth. I think you mean a DNA test, not home pregnancy. I hope so. But this test will not be admissable in court. It does have to be done in the correct manner, by the correct people. She sounds like a terrible woman - worrying about her stupid ass son instead of a sick little baby.

copasetic1
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

People, a DNA test done by the mother of the suspected father will never be admissable in court. She could send in swabs from anyone. It wasn't her place to do this, and doing so in a NICU is disgusting.

likkerish
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
My sons father cheated on me at 3 months pregnant so i left him. When my son was born he came to see him and i had feelings for him and April we were.supposed to move in together but i flaked idk

It just seemed really unfair to me that i went through.all my pregnancy.without him and aftera year he wanted me to move back with him 2 hours away.from where i live now
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
What would you do if the test came back negative?
TheMetal
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

How could be possibly know that he helped create the child? Magic? Psychic powers? Ritualistic religious rights? A man has the right to know whether or not his child is actually his and if he had literally no intention of taking responaibility, he would not have bothered with the paternity test in the first place.

Quoting Cherish77:

Sorry to me, it sounds like a dick move, a baby daddy who doesn't want to take responsibilty for what he helped create.

Quoting TheMetal:

I find that he made the logical decision.

No matter what who tells you, trust that there may be a valid reason for his suspicion that the baby is not his. Your daughter may not be the perfect angel she says she is. I find it a bit strange that she would do his DNA test for him however, he may not have wanted the confrontation between the two of you.

It is wise of him to ensure the child is his before getting further involved. In essence, he is doing your end of the work for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)