Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Am i over reacting?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM
  • 45 Replies
Soo i might be over reacting and she might be joking. Is it too far? Im a victim of child molestation so i could be a ittle more sensitive.

I have a one month old son who was born prematurely. My husbands family was over today. My husbands sister started saying shit like Auntie i wannasee u naked. I wanna see this and she made a circling motion around his dick. Yes he was fully dressed and wearing a diaper but still. Dont be touching my son like that. My mother in law saw it and didnt say anything. So maybe it was a joke but isnt that too far? How do i address the issue without seeming to sensitive?
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xoxo_Me
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM
4 moms liked this
That's not normal if you ask me...you should definetly say something about that...don't ever bite your tongue towards something especially if you're not comfortable with it...besides that's YOUR son you have the right to say whatever you feel needs to be said about your seed
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not a victim and to me that is very wrong to say about a child no matter the age or if they understand. I would tell the person to back away from my baby.

Kjdavis13
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:19 AM
I am a victim and that is not normal and I would have said something to her if they dont like what you had to say then they can leave,yes I know theyre in laws but they will get over it and you wont loose any sleep.
MacksMom1984
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a victim as well, but even if I weren't, I see noting normal about this. IMO You defiantly should have said something. 

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg! I would flip out. She wouldn't be aloud near my son ever!
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I was raped but I don't think that matters. Why the hell does a grown adult just have to see a baby's private part? It makes no sense there is no reason for it. I can see if the boy had a bad circumcision and the person is qualified in some sort of field to tell you to be worried or not. Other than that I would be suspicious of a person that said something like that.

Quoting Sunshine257:

Omg! I would flip out. She wouldn't be aloud near my son ever!

jeweldragons
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I think that is not normal and I'd be concerned about letting that woman around your baby. I would have said something and I'm also a victim of sexual abuse.
ZoeClaireWisdom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I am also a survivor. I agree that is irrelevant. Always trust your instincts when it comes to your kids. 

That is wildly inappropriate behavior. There is no innocent reason that a normal person would ask to see a baby's penis. It's the most bizarre request I have ever heard of and I've worked with parents and their children (including newborns) for nearly 30 years. I have not once heard of such a thing. 

I'm not saying she is a molester of some kind, but she has an inappropriate view of the world and children to allow that statement to come out of her mouth. I would not allow her around my child alone. 

blogger, writer, photographer, mother @unnecessarywisdom

Beenhereforever
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Creepy bitch
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM

How old is she? It sounds of no matter how old, and I would never allow her to be alone with my child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)