Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im gonna spend free money today hopefully

So i had a 19" flatscreen in my boys' room and i bought the extended warranty because i know how rough boys are. anyway the yellow video port stopped working so therefore they couldnt play thier ps2. i called the replacement center and explained it to them they said they would email me a label to send back and no need to send tv back as its too bulky. i didnt want to wait for them to send me a gift card so i sold thier broke tv for 75.00 and yes the buyer was aware of the defect and luckily i found one just like it at a bargain center for 99+tax. so all in all i was out 35.00 and i should be receiving my 176.00 gift card today or tommarrow...can we say shopping spree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
momofthree1987
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM
All i know is thats what they told me said i couldnt ship it back

Quoting MissmeMissme:

That makes no sense. They ship TV's don't they? LOL

Quoting momofthree1987:

Nope they said no need to worry about mailing it back because its too bulky. they would probaly just throw it away anyway

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Don't they require the non-working tv to carry out a warranty? I work for an electronics company and that does not make sense. We charge customers full price if they do not return the defective parts.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I work for Target in electronics. If she bought the extended warranty that is through a third party. The item doesn't get returned to the store.

Quoting Bookoholic:

I used to work for target, and yes they just throw it away. Anything that's defective gets tossed.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Quoting momofthree1987:

Nope they said no need to worry about mailing it back because its too bulky. they would probaly just throw it away anyway

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Don't they require the non-working tv to carry out a warranty? I work for an electronics company and that does not make sense. We charge customers full price if they do not return the defective parts.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I worked flow team at the time, I was told it was just tossed. lol
Quoting DSamuels:

I work for Target in electronics. If she bought the extended warranty that is through a third party. The item doesn't get returned to the store.

Quoting Bookoholic:

I used to work for target, and yes they just throw it away. Anything that's defective gets tossed.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Quoting momofthree1987:

Quoting MissmeMissme:

CafeMom Tickers
lucille.bluth
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Yep, in MC this week. 

Quoting proudmommy690:

I have read this before.

lucille.bluth
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Sometimes it pays to get the warranty. People think they are a rip off but some companies actually do right by their customers. Enjoy your shopping trip. 

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Thank you! I knew I wasn't crazy!!

Quoting lucille.bluth:

Yep, in MC this week. 

Quoting proudmommy690:

I have read this before.

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Our tv manufacturers required it.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Yeah, defective items returned are tossed. But the extended warranty is a third party company. They handle those returns, since the warranty is for 2-3 years (different products have different lengths) and Target doesn't take items back after 90 days.

Quoting Bookoholic:

I worked flow team at the time, I was told it was just tossed. lol
Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Quoting momofthree1987:

Quoting MissmeMissme:

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM

We bought one from Circuit City on a TV and ended up with a new and better TV a couple years later. We did have to return the TV to Circuit City and were given a store credit for the purchase price and used that to get a new TV. 

Most times the warranty expires before anything goes bad, but sometimes it's worth it. 

Quoting lucille.bluth:

Sometimes it pays to get the warranty. People think they are a rip off but some companies actually do right by their customers. Enjoy your shopping trip. 

MissmeMissme
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Usually they do... but I guess we should all start buying from Target then huh? lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

Our tv manufacturers required it.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN