Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im gonna spend free money today hopefully

So i had a 19" flatscreen in my boys' room and i bought the extended warranty because i know how rough boys are. anyway the yellow video port stopped working so therefore they couldnt play thier ps2. i called the replacement center and explained it to them they said they would email me a label to send back and no need to send tv back as its too bulky. i didnt want to wait for them to send me a gift card so i sold thier broke tv for 75.00 and yes the buyer was aware of the defect and luckily i found one just like it at a bargain center for 99+tax. so all in all i was out 35.00 and i should be receiving my 176.00 gift card today or tommarrow...can we say shopping spree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (31-34):
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Heck yeah! Lol. Hell they've had our tv almost 2 months!!! Im really getting irritated with it. We only had the tv for 3 weeks before the volume stopped working.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Usually they do... but I guess we should all start buying from Target then huh? lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

Our tv manufacturers required it.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Don't they require the non-working tv to carry out a warranty? I work for an electronics company and that does not make sense. We charge customers full price if they do not return the defective parts.... 

MissmeMissme
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

That sucks!! I really want to get one of these new 3D projectors. I was iffy about it at first, but a friend of mine got one and its AHHMAZING. 

Too bad I am too poor to buy one at this time. Something to save for I guess... but by the time I have the money they will have something WAY better and more expensive. LOL

Quoting proudmommy690:

Heck yeah! Lol. Hell they've had our tv almost 2 months!!! Im really getting irritated with it. We only had the tv for 3 weeks before the volume stopped working.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Usually they do... but I guess we should all start buying from Target then huh? lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

Our tv manufacturers required it.

Quoting MissmeMissme:

Don't they require the non-working tv to carry out a warranty? I work for an electronics company and that does not make sense. We charge customers full price if they do not return the defective parts.... 

twisties
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Very clever - just about everyone would have thrown out the old one, which the replacement center basicallly told you to do, but it was yours to do with as you wish. I applaud you for not being a part of this disposable society ...  CHEERS!

PS I am not on a greeny rant - just like you're thinking outside the box!

momofthree1987
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
That would be stupid to throw it out it was an amazing tv had a very good picture and it worked fine except you couldnt play a game system on it which was one major thing i needed it for

Quoting twisties:

Very clever - just about everyone would have thrown out the old one, which the replacement center basicallly told you to do, but it was yours to do with as you wish. I applaud you for not being a part of this disposable society ...  CHEERS!

PS I am not on a greeny rant - just like you're thinking outside the box!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)