Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Oh lord!!! Boy drama already!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 32 Replies
So last month my daughter started saying a boy at school. Apparently he wasn't allowed to have a girlfriend :/ so yesterday his mom saw them holding hands when she picked him up from school and now they are not allowed to be dating anymore. I guess his mom said they could still be "good friends" ugh. Now I have a sad sack of teenager to deal with. She's holed up in her room moping. Ugh! I don't know how the mom didnt figure this out before the boy went to 2 band concerts and the band banquet. Any how I think it sucks for her but I understand the parent being mad about lying about having a girlfriend.
By the way my daughter is 14 and the boy is 16.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Um yeah it's a good thing the Mom stopped it. Personally 13 is too young to start dating...But that's just me !

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Oh and i feel your Drama Pain >.<

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM
That was a mistype she's 14 almost 15 and a sophomore in Highschool. And it's not like I'm letting them go out together alone. They see each other at school and school events.

Quoting mom_dl6:

Um yeah it's a good thing the Mom stopped it. Personally 13 is too young to start dating...But that's just me !

AjCeCeMom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to be a teenager again! I hope she feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
My brother delt with this , this year. Poor kid and now that school is ending her parents are cool with it but he is over it and leaving for college :(
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
She posted on Facebook that today sucked and he replied to it that he's so sorry and he will make it up to her :( he is a sweet guy hopefully his mom will Come around a bit. Really you can tell
Kids they can't have a girlfriend but you can't stop feelings.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

You couldn't pay me enough to be a teenager again! I hope she feels better soon.
MissmeMissme
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember those days. Poor thing. I think it is fine if you trust your daughter. But it's good that you respect the other parents choice. 

I would just get some ice cream and some chick flicks and have a nice girls night! Hope she feels better soon.

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

She's still too young for a steady boyfriend although I feel her pain, it's for the best. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Well I hope either his parents come around or she moves on because she's playing the 8th dwarf right now.

Quoting KelliansMom:

My brother delt with this , this year. Poor kid and now that school is ending her parents are cool with it but he is over it and leaving for college :(
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I get boy drama ... And my daughter is 7. She likes one boy but he doesn't like her but another boy likes her but she doesn't really like him.., blech
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN