Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is there something wrong with me? or is this ok...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I am so so so busy, have 4 business's and just became mrs. Idaho Ambassador meaning I won state and am taking my motivational speaking program to nationals in a few months. I have not been able to work and do videos for 6 weeks because I had a crazy eye problem that went from one eye to the next back and forth and we didn't figure out what it was for 6 weeks. {2 docs and a nurse later} anyway, now school is out and hubby works like mad. I do all my buisness's from home and it's really hard some times. Hubby has worked later every night allweek and then wants to take a trip out of state to see family. I have NO desire to sit in a car 10 hours and sit at his parents for 4 days. I can't do work there and will be bored stupid. I feel bad that I don't want to go but it would be way more stressed there then here. I decided I am not going and he is taking the 3 kids alone for 4 days. It's even Fathers day this weekend. But I am a hot mess and hubby doesn't get that i have a few 2.5 months to finish my 6 course program, get the videos' recorded with workbooks etc. UGH! He goes to work and sits and watches tv if he's not flying. I'm here struggling tog et work done all day and when he gets home he doesn't let me just work either! I don't have an office i can lock the door etc. wish I did.  is it wrong to not want to go on this trip with my family!? I am so stressed and i could get so much done here with out kids for the first time EVER!

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM

BUMP!

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM

WOW you're very busy. I don't think it's wrong you gotta work and fathers day comes once a year so it's not like you can't make it up to him. Do what you need to do and don't feel bad doing it !

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I disagree with the PP, and imo you are wrong.

shiningjoy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM

If you want to work work!  I want to go home and see my friends and family, and all honestly I wouldn't be upset at all if my hubby stayed home.  I really don't think he wants to sit around with me and a bunch of girls all day anyway or my family for that matter!!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM

If he wants to take the children with him and give you a break. That would be cool.  I have traveled across country to see family and my guy stayed home with the cat.  He used that time to deep clean house while us girls had bonding time in airports LOL.

Marimaru
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

What does HE think?

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM

He thought is was wierd. LOL! it's always strange going somewhere with out part of your family. We go everywhere together too pretty much. even around town I usually don't go alone. but he left and went so they are all having fun. that's good.

Quoting Marimaru:

What does HE think?

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I think you took to much on and your husband and kiddos are the ones suffering. Join them in a trip to see his family.
sunny_smiles
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Four businesses is a lot of time and commitment, so it makes sense that you may be feeling overwhelmed. Don't be too hard on yourself for not going - you are allowed time to yourself :)
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

My mom is/ was just like you.  Worked all the time.  She owned her own decorating company and was quite famous.  She designed for celebrities, royalty and billionaires.  She was also a nurse and did that part time.  I was the oldest and I raised my brother and sister who were 12 and 14 years younger than me.  I drove them to school, chaperoned their field trips, planned and hosted birthday parties.  I did all their shopping, including christmas gifts from my mom.  She had the money, tons of it, so I just used her credit card to get whatever while she worked.

She is why I became a stay at home mom till my kids went to school, though I have a masters plus 60 in education.  I will never have a bond with my mom like I do with my siblings because she was never there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)