Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Panic disorder after hysyerectomy

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have suffer for more than 15 yrs. every dr I have seen

Has medicated me. First was my live affair with Xanax
It made me feel normal for a while. It wasn't long before I
Need a higher dose. I got up to the highest level of it.
Soon I was needing more and more. I went to one of my
Drs and he cut me off! Didn't ween me off. I was a mess!
After all it was the DRS wo put me on rxs instead of giving
Me alterial ways to deal without meds! I was on Xanax ambian,
Zoloft, trazadone and so many others! I had NEVER taken
Meds iny life until after my radical hysterectomy! I was carefree
and worked and married and raisingy last child ! Everything
changed. List ally friends because I always felt weird and
developed agoraphobia as well! I couldn't function always
Believing I was losing my mind. This is my first post so I
will continue my story later. By the way I'm still
Out of work and can't get on disability! Does anyone have
any suggestions re disability and mental illness ?
Thanks for listening and even if nobody reads this I
Feel better just having a place to talk about my
Problems. I got remarried 6 yrs ago and now he
Throws it up in my face all the time is very verbally
Abusive. I need out of this marriage biut my phobias
keep me from leaving & cash.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Have you considered seeing a counselor? Someone you can talk to about your fears and your marriage?

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Hugs! I am sorry you are going through this. Do you have family you can go home to while you work through this and become stronger to make a good decision?

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM

((HUGS)) Im sorry you are struggling. I think you would benefit from talking to someone or finding a support group. Do you have anything like that in your area?

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this! I hope you can get some help through counseling

Plumaria
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I have been to counseling but it hasn't helped! Plus I live I'm a very small town where even the counselor gossips! No family member will take me in. I am shocked at that because I felt we were a very close knit family! I recently had a talk withy eldest sister and told her I had to have a much needed break. She said great I will come pick you up and we can lounge by the pool for a week or two and you can just relax! She never did. We for the first time in our lives are not speaking because she has avoided me ever since making up excuses ! She has a new husband and is a very jealous wife. But more importantly she thrives on perfection and I think I embarrass her now! I thank you all for your replies! I am in search of a new counselor now and trying to get on disability along with a friend I mine. We were so close when we were younger and we had so much energy and south fun together now we are wondering why certain people we know get disability ssi and they are working getting paid under the table! While we are being refused. Burns me up. I'm stuck in my house and she's stuck in hers and we really can't even help each other. I have thoughts of suicide just thoughts readers because I don't believe I would get to heaven is what stops me but this loneliness and physical and emotional pain..... Is getting to be much for me. I wish my husband or family member would be supportive but they don't understand why I can't just "Buck Up" and pull myself together. I never thought in a million years this would be my demise! God bless you all! And again thanks for listening it does help.
Plumaria
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I'm forgot to mention I'm 54 yrs old. Thank you for your advice and hugs!! Does anyone have physical and mental illness?? I hate saying that because I don't feel like a mental case! I am perfectly normal and friends that love my humor! But I'm stuck in this house now. My husband is a control freak. I can't go anywhere or do anything unless its with him! Don't want to do what he does. So I just can't even try to overcome my agoraphobia. I can't even have a glass of red wine not for 3 years! He tells everyone in town I'm an alcoholic !! Of course I'm not. I would have drank myself to death by now if I was!!! Lol. Anyway have a great day cafe moms !!!!
Plumaria
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Goodnight all and may God bless you through the might and wake up to a better day tomorrow !
gen62
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I hope you weren't serious about being suicidal. Im currently on Xanax for three years now. And Paxil. My psychologist wasn't helping me so i quit seeing him. I am also a recovering alcoholic, 15 years. My adult children are my stress and anxiety triggers. Because i worry about them and think  something horrible is going to happen.I have a vegetable garden i tend to everyday and flower beds. And i have a dog and a cat, dog wants to eat the cat, chases him constantly. That is how i cope. I am now at the point where ionly take a half of Xanax and only when i need it to sleep. My husband never believed that mental illness existed until he had a heart attack and then our son was thrown out of a car and was lifeflighted. Can you and your husband get counseling? He may just be ignorant like my guy was. HUGS AND PRAYERS TO YOU!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)