Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Not immune to Rubella please help!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

I had my first prenatal appt yesterday and today my dr called me and told me I wasn't immune to Rubella. He asked me to come in and do more blood work but shortly after called me again and told me never mind that he can retest my blood from yesterday. He couldn't talk long because he had a patient waiting. So now I'm completly freaking out!! Does anyone know anything about Rubella and not being immune to it? Please any help or advice would be great!

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
matofour
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM
It just means you could catch rubella. Which is so slim. They will push the vax on you after baby is born.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I dont know but hope the best for u and ur child just believe that it all will work out no negative 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I am the same way. My body will not build an immunity to any vaccines actually. They tried to give me the shots a few times and it just doesn't work. It is best to keep a healthy diet, exercise appropriately, and avoid the sick and even avoid children you don't know. When I was pregnant I avoided places with large groups of children to protect myself.  

askingchelsea08
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I also work at hospital, registration where i'm face to face with all patients, so now i'm not sure if I should quit. I'm going to be quitting in about a month anyway because i'm moving

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Rubella is a mild illness, less severe usually than even chicken pox. But if you get it in the first half of pregnancy it can cause birth defects. Your doctor will want you to get the vax after the baby is born. You can't get the vax during pregnancy.
Kitschy
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

German measles isn't really a big deal and it's not likely you will catch it.

Tatiana7
by Princess on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I'm a product of a mother who had Ruebella. I was born with deafness, no equilibrium, poor eyesight, ADHD, mild learning disability.

My mom was 15 when she got pregnant and her parents were too poor to afford vaccinations. She caught it. Had a mild rash and low grade fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fiddlerbird555
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Watch yourself in public. There isn't much Rubella (formerly  called German Measles) around because MOST children are vaccinated. However, if you were to get it in the first trimester, your child could be born blind and/or deaf.  The main problem was a bunch of totally discredited research about a link between infant vaccinations and autism. Some mothers are not vaccinating their children. These children  are a danger to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)