Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My baby girl is dead, she was only 23 weeks old but still she was my child.  She was diagnosed with downs but still my beautiful little sophie, how do you go on.  I feel like an empty shell of nothing anymore, I am new to this whole forum thing but I am so sad and feel like so much is gone.

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry for your loss. There is an amazing miscarriage and pregnancy loss group on CM that is amazing. They are so supportive and understanding, as they've all been through some kind of loss. I know they helped me through my miscarriages.
jojo_star
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I'm so sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I'm so sorry.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Big hugs,
so sorry for your loss :(

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

wow so premature birth.  Sorry for your loss.  I havent known too many babies to survive when born at 23 weeks gestation.   Hugs to you.  She is with the angels now.

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I have no idea. Hugs mama. There is probably a group that is directed soley for loss of a child, you may want to try searching the groups.

mama-mialisia
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. If you ever ever need or want to talk, you are more than welcome to message me. I have 3 amazing boys of my own (also have 3 step-children), but I also have 3 beautiful daughters in heaven. I carried all 3 to term (1 single, 1 twin pregnancy) and all 3 of them passed away shortly after they were born. My ex-husband was a carrier of a genetic x abnormality. All 3 girls had Turners Syndrome.

Angela Genesis and Faith Aislynn (July 12, 2004)

Grace Aliyah (March 5, 2010)

~ Lindsey - Proud mom of 6 ~

Founding Designer for Mialisia Jewelry - Prelaunch

Scentsy Consultant

Marketing Director for Team National

krisben
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I am so sorry ..a loss of a child no matter how young or old they may be hurts...believe it with time prayer and friends it helps ..but it will never go away..keep yourself busy..maybe you could volunteer with mda to help out with the memory of your daughter
fivegirls333
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

oh my Lord!  what was the cause?  i am so sorry.  you don't have to share anything more if you do not feel like it.  my dh had to turn off the ventilator for his son who was six.  i had a daughter who was changed at that age...so much that i had to grieve the one i lost.  i wish that i had more encouragement for you.  this will definitely be the question i ask in heaven..."why children?"  it is so fresh and raw for you right now.  i don't even think any true grieving can begin for quite a while.  it is almost like your brain shuts down, just a little bit, because if you felt it all at one time, i don't think we would make it.  i kept thinking there was no grief left...and then there was.  i will pray for you and your family.  ds children are so awesome and so filled with love.  blessings for your little angel sophie.  may God blanket you with comfort and a peace that surpasses all understanding.  amen.

javakitty2011
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I am so very sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)