Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My baby girl is dead, she was only 23 weeks old but still she was my child.  She was diagnosed with downs but still my beautiful little sophie, how do you go on.  I feel like an empty shell of nothing anymore, I am new to this whole forum thing but I am so sad and feel like so much is gone.

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
angy67
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Im sorry, wish there were words to make it better but I know there are no words. I just lost my son April 28, 2013 and I still have no closure, still tears whale up in my eyes, a constant lump in my throat, and a pain in my chest that just wont go away.... cherish the memories that make you smile, it helps me breathe one more day .

SugarMamaO76
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I have never lost a child post birth, but I can only imagine how you feel. The miscarriages I had were hard enough ..... My prayers are with you. Just know that she isn't gone but she is just harder to see. close your eyes and open your mind and 6th sense and you will feel her there. My deepest condolences <3 

amishma
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I am sorry for posting this, it should be something personal but I have no one to talk to about it, my husband is shutting down and my family accepts it, I cannot accept it i only want answers, I find this to not be something that just happens so what did I do wrong

mannycat
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I know your pain and sadness.  Talking to someone who has gone through a similar experience helps.

It is hard to believe that it will ever get any better after having experienced this great loss.  Recommend finding a local group that meets to discuss grief and loss.  It helped me a lot.  I assume this was your first child?  Having downs was something you had no control over.  It helps to remeber all the days you had with her, and I am sure she had the best Mom to care for her.  Your life that was fulfilled with her was taken from you I assume suddetnly and maybe unexpectedly.  mannycat

ChicatSixty
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I have 2 living children from 13 pregnancies. It does get better. You will always miss her, but one day, you will be able to see all the good she expereiced and all the bad she was spared.

I lost  my sister when she was five and a brother when he was 14. It was sad and hard at the time and I always wonder what they would have been like as adults. I just tried to live my life as fully as possible for myself, for them.

justbereal
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Don't blame yourself. There are reasons we don't know and won't until we are with the angels. You are grieving and need someone to talk too. That's absolutely fine to post. Prayers with you and your angel.

Quoting amishma:

I am sorry for posting this, it should be something personal but I have no one to talk to about it, my husband is shutting down and my family accepts it, I cannot accept it i only want answers, I find this to not be something that just happens so what did I do wrong

sewingmama88
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM
So sorry for your loss :(
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I'm so sorry momma. There are no words :(
Love060708kids
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, mama :(

((HUGS))

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I think she means a 23 week gestation stillbirth.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

aww sorry how did she die?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)