Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Mom assaulted by son...would love to chat w someone who has experienced the same.....so sad for us.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (11-12):
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM
While I understand what you're trying to say to the OP I feel I must reach out to try and reassure you that you, your family, and especially your mother should not have to feel as though you must justify yourself in the face of this horrible disease. Alcoholism is a disease and no one should ever feel as though they are to blame. If your brother suffered from heart disease it wouldn't be anyone's fault and neither is it because he is an alcoholic. Hopefully someday those who suffer this scourge will be able to get treatment rather than to be punished when they can't or don't and are unable to live a healthy life. My thoughts go out to your family, my dear late father-in-law was an alcoholic and I know the tragedy of this, may you find healing.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

My twin is an alcoholic and at 18 he was thrown out for abusing my mom.  We are 40 now and he is in prison.  My mom was not a bad mom.  Her other 3 kids are all college graduates, home owners, we are all married to our high school sweethearts and none of us has substance abuse issues.  He is my twin so we were raised the same way, even in the womb.  There is no reason he turned out so bad. 

chinookie67
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

THANK YOU all for your messages, I really appreciate it and will look for a group to go to work this out.  I love my son so much, but am afraid to be around him, especially if I think he has been drinking .. and my biggest fear is that if he hit me, he will hit again and land himself in prison.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)