Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you think anything of this as another parent?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 76 Replies
Okay my son is 3 and in soccer. The coach this season has been very disorganized and never made a snack/drink list for the games. Well only 1 other mom and myself has brought snacks EVER. He has already had 8 games. The game that neither of us went to (her son was sick and we were out of town) nobody brought snacks at all so the kids didnt get any but saw the other team getting some. Anyways I told the other mom I would put some in my car for the next game in case no one brought any. I have now got a little lazy and don't feel like running to the store. So would you allow your child to have snack size bags of gold fish or something similar (something that is not pre packaged but in zip lock type bagz)?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I would bring a snack for my child, and let them have it in the car afterward. Did anyone ask the coach for a snack list when one wasn't passed out? If he's a first time coach he may not have known to make one for the team.
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM
The other mom and I did. He kept saying he would pass one out but never did

Quoting toopicky429:

I would bring a snack for my child, and let them have it in the car afterward. Did anyone ask the coach for a snack list when one wasn't passed out? If he's a first time coach he may not have known to make one for the team.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM
He's one of those guys, lol. My daughter's coach is like that, but he just brings the snack to every game since he didn't make a list.

Quoting Tipsen:

The other mom and I did. He kept saying he would pass one out but never did

Quoting toopicky429:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Yup.  I would be grateful but also feel i need to contribute as well at some point.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
There is a requirement thy get snacks?
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM
No but most teams do and if there is no snack the kids get upset because they see the other team with them.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

There is a requirement thy get snacks?

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Making a snack list is usually the job of the team mom not the coach. Who's the team mom?
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM
We don't have one

Quoting bmw29:

Making a snack list is usually the job of the team mom not the coach. Who's the team mom?

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I would allow my kid to have it.  But really that is neither here nor there.  You've already gone above and beyond taking care of it every single time with that one other mom.  It's nice of you to do, but not necessary.  At this point, I think I'd just worry about bringing a snack for my own kid. 

Retrokitty
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this
People don't bring snacks here. I find it odd that its required.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN