Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

new member on here

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hello I'm new here. I had a question about my child..he is 7 and 1/2 months and isn't crawling and all that yet which is ok cuz I know they do it on their own time...but recently he sits up and rocks back and forth. What does that mean? And Nooo my child is NOT AUTISTIC. I'm not worried,just curious. He's very alert. Thanks!
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loopy3
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM

My baby is the same yr old, and I beleive she is balancing herself, my boys who are 2 and 3 years old also did it. 

cornillia2013
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Thanks. I hear that it also means that he may crawl or become mobile soon. Is this true? He's balanced for the most part. Sometimes falls over LOL.
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Sounds like he's learning new things.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hi and welcome.

I think you son is just really starting to notice the world around him. It is a pretty exciting time. I wouldnt worry too much about it. If you are still worried, when he has his next check up, just mention it to his pedi.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
I agree with the others .. he is learning new things :)

cornillia2013
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM
No I'm not concerned. Just curious lol. When I lay him on my tummy he uses his arms n pushes down to go back. But if I put him on hos tummy on the floor,he rolls over. Haha
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It is hard to tell at this age. I'll share this just because I know better....autism doesn't mean a child is not alert, smart, normal seeming, or bright. My kids have Asperger's like autism and they were always bright and smart above their age! I don't like the misperception that autistic only looks like one thing. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Welcome! Rocking may be a new movement and feeling for him, he may also find it comforting.

cornillia2013
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Thanks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)