Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

windows xp done in the spring

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

xp will discontinue security in april, next spring, so i need to change over to windows 7 or windows 8. is it fairly easy to just download these windows off of the windows website or should i take it to a pro? im thinking alot of things would get deleted off my windows xp and get lost. im not sure if all my addresses and whatnot would just automatically transfer over to the new windows. im also dreading it, as ive heard from some people that windows 8 is tuff to get used to or use

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Windows 8 takes some getting used to, but once you do, it's easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

i havent checked into the cost yet. im wondering how pricey it is. all security shuts off in april 2014, so i have a bit of time, but i dont want to wait until last minute

gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM

just talked to computer guy next door and he said to wait abit, as windows 8.1 is coming out and it is much better and easier to use than windows 8. windows 8 got alot of complaints

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Invest in a flash drive for all your files you currently have so they do not get lost.  If you have addresses saved in whichever email service you use, will not lose them since that is an online storage.   We just bought new laptops over the winter holidays and that is how my guy transferred his files to the new computer.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I'm not sure really :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)