Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What Happens

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ok my name is Chasity . Im 16 & pregnant . im 5 weeks & i was just wondering what happenes if u dnt take prenatal pills ?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Not sure.  Do you take any vitamins at all?   Truthfully what i was told and you can look at the labels, womens one a day or something similar is just the same as prenatal.   What are you hoping does or does not happen if they are not taken?

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:52 AM

It's possible that your baby won't get the nutrients it needs, especially if you don't get the nutrients yourself from your diet and lifestyle. Pregnancy is draining on your body's resources, and everything you ingest or don't ingest effects your unborn child and how well your pregnancy goes. Everything from "morning sickness" to energy levels to complications... If you have issues with the prenatal vitamins, if you cannot keep them down, sometimes they recommend alternatives. Talk with your doctor about it.

dtm1491
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Nothing. You can take a multivitamin instead.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:17 AM

www.marchofdimes.com

Get enough folic acid.

With light and love

RADmomma
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:22 AM
You can take a gummy multi vitamin or a gummy prenatal instead of the regular ones.
Kimberlynn
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Just eat really healthy and make sure you get enough frolic acid. My OB told me that I could take 2 Flinestone Vitamins a day, since the prenatal vitamins made me sick.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Me too.

Quoting Kimberlynn:

Just eat really healthy and make sure you get enough frolic acid. My OB told me that I could take 2 Flinestone Vitamins a day, since the prenatal vitamins made me sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
I would try to take some kind of vitamins.
Nice to meet you :)

slgilliam
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hello! Congratulations! I was pregnant with my first child at 20. I didn't start taking pre natal vitamins until I was almost 7 months along (that's when I found out I was expecting).

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Why do you not want to take them? do they make you sick? Talk with your doc, there are other things you can take, as the moms above mentioned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN