Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TTC #1

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi Cafemoms. 

How long did it take you to get pregnant? I was on birth control pills for about 9 months. Stopped taking them 5 months ago. Cycles are varying between 28-35 days. I have been using OPKs and charting my bbt. Looks like I ovulate based upon both of these methods ,so I think that we are timing everything right. stork

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EAzizM
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Head over to the ttc forum. I have been ttc for 2 years and got pregnant in November but miscarried. This week I had an ectopic that cost me the bean and my left tube. A healthy couple can take a year to ttc naturally though. Good luck.
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I was not on any form of birth control and it took DH and I 14 months to conceive our first.

My cousin was on the pill for around 6 years when she stopped to conceive.  It took her somewhere between 9 months to a year to conceive.  

lismore
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
With ds-1 it took three months and I wasn't on birth control

Ds-2 three months after I got off my birth control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Number 1 and 3 were a surprise.  2 and 4 took about a year each. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is different.  With my first it happened unexpectedly.  My 2nd was conceived after a year and dealing with some annovulation issues.  My 3rd was an ectopic after a year of trying and my 4th was conceived another year later after continued infertility issues due to annovulation and a round of clomid.

Good luck!

To_the_moon
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We started trying once we were married and it only took us 7 months to get pregnant the first time then 6 months after our daughter was born I'm pregnant again! No idea what we did besides the obvious sex lol. Try taking prenatals and keep track of your ovulation.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN