Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Working From Home

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi I am new to cafe mom.  I decided to join to see what other moms are talking about, to give advice and share ideas and to get advice and suggestions.  I am a mom of a 8 year old boy, Jaden and a 7 year old girl, Brooklyn.  They are 13 month a part.  I recently left my job at a law firm, after 11 years, because it was getting hard to work outside the home, then have to pick up the kids, go home prepare dinner, do homework, have play time, etc....... Before quitting my job my kids was not involved in sports because there was not enough time in my day to take them to practice, but I wanted so badly for them to be involved. 

After quitting my job, I decided to start a home base business, I started my own at home call center business.  It is going great because I take calls during the day while the kids are at school (well school is out now, so this will be interesting), then I would put dinner in the oven, or slow cooker (depending on what I am cooking) around 2pm, go get the kids at 3pm, go to practice, be back at home by 5:00 and dinner is ready. Wow.... how I love the decision I made to leave my job and be home with my kids, because I use to worry all the time about bad things happening while they were being transported from school to their after school provider.

Since I have started my home base business I see that my kids are happpier, because they are involved in sports and can do more things outside.  Before it was that we were always rushing because I had things to do, while at the same time they wanted to do things with their classmates, but I knew I had dinner to prepare, homework, house cleaning, etc.....

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Welcome!  I'm so glad things are working out so well for you with your job and being able to be at home with your kids. :)

Quoting mom2tjb:

Hi I am new to cafe mom.  I decided to join to see what other moms are talking about, to give advice and share ideas and to get advice and suggestions.  I am a mom of a 8 year old boy, Jaden and a 7 year old girl, Brooklyn.  They are 13 month a part.  I recently left my job at a law firm, after 11 years, because it was getting hard to work outside the home, then have to pick up the kids, go home prepare dinner, do homework, have play time, etc....... Before quitting my job my kids was not involved in sports because there was not enough time in my day to take them to practice, but I wanted so badly for them to be involved. 

After quitting my job, I decided to start a home base business, I started my own at home call center business.  It is going great because I take calls during the day while the kids are at school (well school is out now, so this will be interesting), then I would put dinner in the oven, or slow cooker (depending on what I am cooking) around 2pm, go get the kids at 3pm, go to practice, be back at home by 5:00 and dinner is ready. Wow.... how I love the decision I made to leave my job and be home with my kids, because I use to worry all the time about bad things happening while they were being transported from school to their after school provider.

Since I have started my home base business I see that my kids are happpier, because they are involved in sports and can do more things outside.  Before it was that we were always rushing because I had things to do, while at the same time they wanted to do things with their classmates, but I knew I had dinner to prepare, homework, house cleaning, etc.....

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi. Welcome to CafeMom. How wonderful to be able to work from home and spend more time with your kids.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

blueeve
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hi,

I am new here as well and like you I am also a work at home mom.  I know it is not all fun and there are disadvantages as well, but for me the good far outweighs the bad.  I wouldn't change it for the world. 

I also started my own buisness and sell at a store on e-bay, which I hope to convert to my own on-line store soon.   It is great working at my own business and I am sure you know that it is not easy, but I love it and love being able to help my customers and work from home at the same time. 

I am happy it is working out well for you and wish you great success in your business.  I know it takes a lot of work and I applaud your efforts to take the plunge and start your own business.  That is so great.  :)

I never thought in joining on here I would meet someone with so much in common.  That is quite a nice surprise.  It is nice "meeting" you.

J

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So glad you're able to work from home :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So glad you as well are able to work from home :)

Quoting blueeve:

Hi,

I am new here as well and like you I am also a work at home mom.  I know it is not all fun and there are disadvantages as well, but for me the good far outweighs the bad.  I wouldn't change it for the world. 

I also started my own buisness and sell at a store on e-bay, which I hope to convert to my own on-line store soon.   It is great working at my own business and I am sure you know that it is not easy, but I love it and love being able to help my customers and work from home at the same time. 

I am happy it is working out well for you and wish you great success in your business.  I know it takes a lot of work and I applaud your efforts to take the plunge and start your own business.  That is so great.  :)

I never thought in joining on here I would meet someone with so much in common.  That is quite a nice surprise.  It is nice "meeting" you.

J

blueeve
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Thank you.  I appreciate it.   I am glad too.  It is a blessing to be there every day for my daughter.  :)

J

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! Welcome to CafeMom! Nice to meet you!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)