Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm curious about what others do.

Does your responsibility end at the children and basic household duties such as keeping it ckean? Does it extend to outdoor activities such as the lawn maintenance or if you live north shoveling snow or raking leaves? Do you handle all of the shopping? Is there serious landscaping or gardening?

Does your husbands responsibilities end at making the money?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
0Kit0
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Do you get bored of it? Or do you volunteer or deal with other adults in some fashion?

Quoting kattcooper:

My husband makes money and that's all I expect of him! I have a very good education and could be making a lot of money but choose to stay home! He pays for everything and anything I want and in return I do everything at home! Although I do pay a landscaper to do the lawn!
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My dh makes the money, helps inside the house, and takes care of the outside stuff. The only thing he doesn't do is cook. Only because he doesn't do it very well.
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
As of yesterday I am a kept woman for the next few months. I will spend my time getting manicures, pedicures, waxed and threaded, facials and massages. I will cook if I want or we will go out to eat. All cleaning an maintenance will be done by appropriate staff. Haha
Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM

My son mows the lawn, but I work outside often. I care about the lawn and I have my gardens. My husband doesn't really care. Basic picking up and cleaning up around the outside is the kids job. I do handle all of the shopping, paying of bills, cleaning and managing the house, cooking the meals.

Thompsonmommy84
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I am responsible for the kids and when DH gets home he helps. I don't expect it in fact many times I am telling him to relax, but he loves it. I do all the cooking, cleaning, run errands, shopping, pay bills, and clean the pool. DH works, mows, and weedeats.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I am a wahm some parts of the year and other parts of the year I work in the evenings, opposite DH. So, we split all chores, except mowing the lawn (that is all him). Some weeks he chips in more and some weeks I do. We work as a team for all things at home. I am both blessed and cursed to have a DH that is borderline OCD. He actually keeps up with some things quicker than I do. But he also gets frustrated when I don't do things the same way as him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
0Kit0
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM
That irritates me to no end. I'll clean it then he starts tossing his clothes riggt back on this chair. If I don't ckean it for awhile he will catch an attitude about it. However to be fair every now and again he will do it himself. Nothing I can count on tho.

Quoting soy_latte:

MmmHmm

He simply doesn't CARE if it ever gets cleaned. I'm free to just leave it if I want.

Quoting 0Kit0:

If he makes a mess like toss his clothes somewhere they shouldn't be or randomly eats something and puts the dishes in the sink, is it expected that you just clean it?

Quoting soy_latte:

I do everything at the house - inside, outside, meals, bills, kids, etc.
CherylAnne9
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I handle all cooking, shopping, house work, home school 2nd adn 4th grade boys, and work 45 hours at my full time wahm job.

My husband is a full time student, takes care of the yard work, and helps with the kids when I need it.

In one month he will be done with school!!!! And be working right away....I will then cut back to about 35 hours a week at work.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM
??? Please share! Lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

As of yesterday I am a kept woman for the next few months. I will spend my time getting manicures, pedicures, waxed and threaded, facials and massages. I will cook if I want or we will go out to eat. All cleaning an maintenance will be done by appropriate staff. Haha
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to spend the summer in India with my husband.  My daughter is going to my mother's in MN. It's not ideal but I choose to look at the positives.  haha

Quoting sahmw2010:

??? Please share! Lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)