Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm curious about what others do.

Does your responsibility end at the children and basic household duties such as keeping it ckean? Does it extend to outdoor activities such as the lawn maintenance or if you live north shoveling snow or raking leaves? Do you handle all of the shopping? Is there serious landscaping or gardening?

Does your husbands responsibilities end at making the money?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (131-137):
lucille.bluth
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I do the cooking, cleaning, shopping and I mow the lawn. He does the landscaping and weed eating. He is a big help with the kids.  I am the Childrens Coordinator at my church and a volunteer a few other places. 

poietes
by Laura on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I do inside, we both do outside. We have 8 acres so we all have to pitch in.
rosiemarie
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Crazy right....just when think your the only one.......

Quoting warnerokla:

i just lol cause you pretty much word for word described me right now. How cool

Quoting rosiemarie:

Oh my dear my job extends the gamut!
I am in charge of the children and the household duties......now let me back up by saying my husband owns his own company and works outside of the home at least 90 hours a week.......i do have a cleaning woman that comes every other week to help me keep up......I also am in charge of food shopping.....bills......budget......laundry......I just completed a DIY landscape job in the front of my house......maintaining the pool.......and right now I'm playing camp counselor until my
Girls go to school on July 15th

sarahbluecouch
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Being young and married with a baby is hard. I had my son at age 20 and his daddy was 21. It was the same situation as he wanted to be with his friends during his off time. I just wanted to be with him and toted the baby along. Just accept him for what he wants and likes doing. He won't understand why you complain so don't bother. Just do your own thing and make yourself happy. As he gets older he may want to stay home more and have his friends over to his house instead. I hope he can work less soon that is ROUGH. What ever you do argue less and love more. I understand what this is like. My fiance and me like to stay home together and read and watch movies. When he does go out he mostly takes me. He doesn't really want to be with his friends if you can believe that. He is 45 years old. I am 33.

sarahbluecouch
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Wow since everyone is saying what all they do...I was just venting to my fiance about all that I do around the house plus working full time. He only works banker hours and pays the mortgage. Women always do it all and men do as little as possible. Unless they are superman. Some men are overachievers.

tigerstripes12
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:31 AM

i'm a stay at home mom, not a live in housekeeper.  when my husband is at work, i take care of our daughter, make dinner, do laundry, and occassionally tidy up if i have the time.  when he is home, we take care of daughter together, he does dishes, and prepares forumla for the next day.  the yard work is his domain.

we'll be moving soon and i'll probably do more housework there because we're going to get rid of a lot of the clutter stuff and, since it won't be a "moving into his house" kind of deal anymore, i'll be able to put things away where they should go lol  much easier to maintain

Etoliemoon
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Yep. For me at least. I live in an apartment so no outside work, but I do everything else. My husband makes the money, and I do everything else.

Quoting 0Kit0:

If he makes a mess like toss his clothes somewhere they shouldn't be or randomly eats something and puts the dishes in the sink, is it expected that you just clean it?

Quoting soy_latte:

I do everything at the house - inside, outside, meals, bills, kids, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN