Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm curious about what others do.

Does your responsibility end at the children and basic household duties such as keeping it ckean? Does it extend to outdoor activities such as the lawn maintenance or if you live north shoveling snow or raking leaves? Do you handle all of the shopping? Is there serious landscaping or gardening?

Does your husbands responsibilities end at making the money?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
0Kit0
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Wow. I need to rip a few CHAPTERS from your book. Do you even sleep? The 45 hours at work on top of the other stuff is amazing. How does time management work for you?

Quoting CherylAnne9:

I handle all cooking, shopping, house work, home school 2nd adn 4th grade boys, and work 45 hours at my full time wahm job.

My husband is a full time student, takes care of the yard work, and helps with the kids when I need it.

In one month he will be done with school!!!! And be working right away....I will then cut back to about 35 hours a week at work.

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Everything apart from the lawm mowing is up to me, and hes trying to put that on me too, but I cant start the mower :P

Dreamly
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Well, since my dh is in only a few days every 2-3 months I do everything. But, when he's home he helps me tremendously. I take care of the kids, keep the house clean. I keep mantance up on the vehicles as well as the inspection/tags. Laundry. Although when he comes in he will do his own laundry himself :). Mil lives with us so she keeps her part of the house clean and helps with the cooking sometimes.

texassahm
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I'm no longer a SAHM (my youngest is 9 now), but as a teacher, I have summers off and it's kind of like being a SAHM again.

I do laundry, keep the house clean, carpool the kids around, schedule and maintain extra curricular activities (sports, etc), get the oil changed in my (and sometimes DH's) car, grocery shopping, cooking, schedule and/or do the yard work.  

Basically, DH works his job and helps with homework and I do everything else (I help with some homework, but DH helps with the high school hw)....even when I'm working I do everything else.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I do the cooking and laundry and house cleaning and hubby and son do the yard work.
MsEmma88
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I cook clean do the yard (which is rough terrain. Not grass) trim trees burn slash. Raise the kiddos, take care of my mom, doctor appts in home nurse. I volunteer at the church. Take kiddos to their summer groups and sports. I fix stuff around the house (badly but still done) I do pretty much everything for every body
Cubanmom84
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I handle the cleaning, cooking (no one wants anyone else in my house to cook i want to live) lol, I pay bills, I schedule appts, sense I don't have a shed we have someone come by and do our lawn, but if we are doing any repairs my hubby takes care of that, like painting the porch or doing stuff like that. When it comes to shoveling snow, everyone and anyone does it, who ever is available to do it, yes if my husband is on a trip obvioulsy I have to do it or my MIL (and secretly home she falls) lol but yeah. My husband does make the money (truck driver), but he does stuff at home too.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I do house stuff and kids. Errands and whatnot during the work week. Cooking and cleaning. Dh does the mowing, pays the bills (unless hes super busy then I do but we found it works better if one person is in charge and nothing gets missed that way- but I know where everything is and have full access). Weekend errands and grocery shopping we tend to do as a family. He also takes the lead on bedtime routine as it's his special time with the kids each day.
Child care when he's home is pretty 50/50 if not him a bit more (but again it's by his choice so that he can play with them since I get to play all day). We're pretty balanced and don't "keep score"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kattcooper
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course I get bored, but I have a good support group of friends! I go out once a week with the girls! Don't get drunk or anything! that is my way of dealing with the household! I love being home but don't think i would be able to do it without going out and just being me!

Quoting 0Kit0:

Do you get bored of it? Or do you volunteer or deal with other adults in some fashion?

Quoting kattcooper:

My husband makes money and that's all I expect of him! I have a very good education and could be making a lot of money but choose to stay home! He pays for everything and anything I want and in return I do everything at home! Although I do pay a landscaper to do the lawn!

MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I take care of pretty much everything except mowing the yard and if it's a weekend he will shovel snow. If I ask him to do something like make dinner or clean something, he will do it. He grumbles, but he does it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)