Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm curious about what others do.

Does your responsibility end at the children and basic household duties such as keeping it ckean? Does it extend to outdoor activities such as the lawn maintenance or if you live north shoveling snow or raking leaves? Do you handle all of the shopping? Is there serious landscaping or gardening?

Does your husbands responsibilities end at making the money?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
CherylAnne9
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

lol Time maangement is always revolving....One thing that helps is that I edit online content from home so I do not have to worry about back ground noise and I can log in and work when ever. Even if it's only 10 min. at a time. That is the biggest help. I have a google calander that I adjust and manage each week at a time. I have learned to force my self to make 1 trip to the grocery store a week....If I don't have something then that meal waits. Where I live, it would waste min 2 hours just to run to the store and back for a gallon of milk--I NEED those two hours. lol I also have came down hard on family/friends....I am working I am not available for xyz with out a lot of notice and maybe even then I we wont make it. My kids also are 7 and 9 and so they have started doing a lot more around the house since my husband started school. We are working as a team and they knew that have to help for us to win. We have been on PA for over a year now, we are 6 weeks from never needing it again. Even in this economy we will be just fine with the education my husband is getting. That is also very motivating doing this crazy schedual week after week gets us one step closer. :)

Quoting 0Kit0:

Wow. I need to rip a few CHAPTERS from your book. Do you even sleep? The 45 hours at work on top of the other stuff is amazing. How does time management work for you?

Quoting CherylAnne9:

I handle all cooking, shopping, house work, home school 2nd adn 4th grade boys, and work 45 hours at my full time wahm job.

My husband is a full time student, takes care of the yard work, and helps with the kids when I need it.

In one month he will be done with school!!!! And be working right away....I will then cut back to about 35 hours a week at work.

Adexecmom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM

When I was a SAHM, my job was to manage the household.  Two little girls.  Cleaning and cooking.  Bill paying, all that stuff.  I didn't mow the lawn because I couldn't do it when I was home alone and I get sick in the heat.  In the fall, I would help rake and stuff, but my husband did the bulk of the outside stuff.  I also don't take out the garbage.  I hate it. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was a SAHM with young children at home, I did all housework, shopping, yard work (except mowing), shoveling snow, raking leaves, trimming shrubs and trees and edges, planting and maintaining veggie and flower gardens and fruit trees.  I felt it was my job, since my husband worked all day and mowed and maintained the car. If I had it to do again, I would have done less outside work and spent more time playing with the children.

shirleywiley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I'm in a similar position. I do most of the house work because I'm the one that cares if and how it gets done. When it comes to shoveling or mowing. I help out if my husband has had a rough week but usually he does it. Just as if I'm not feeling well, I can count on him to take care of things. (Although I have to accept that he wont do it the same way I would)   ... Living with someone means that you're sharing your life and that means sharing the responcibilities.

Quoting soy_latte:

MmmHmm

He simply doesn't CARE if it ever gets cleaned. I'm free to just leave it if I want.

Quoting 0Kit0:

If he makes a mess like toss his clothes somewhere they shouldn't be or randomly eats something and puts the dishes in the sink, is it expected that you just clean it?

Quoting soy_latte:

I do everything at the house - inside, outside, meals, bills, kids, etc.

mysticatgal
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM
We share in some of all the responsibilities. I will shovel snow, rake and other items. I also mystery shop to help financially.
shilohsmommy215
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I take care of every thing inside the home husband does outside. He cooks and cleans to when he is home. He is a great help.
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hubby does the yard work, simply because he wants to.  I've offered countless times and he's said he'll do it.  I do take care of the kids, laundry, cleaning, 90% of the cooking (he loves to cook and does so on his days off) and the grocery shopping.  We have a small garden that both of us tend to.  And on his days off, if laundry needs done, he'll simply do it, or help me in doing so.  No, I don't ask, he just offers. 

Lately, he's been doing things more since I've been very ill, but, I'll hopefully start feeling better soon and can go back to my old ways! 

RADmomma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I do everything except for taking out the trash & lawn work.

He enjoys taking leaves & lawn work. In the winter I shovel enough for him to get to the house & shed, then he snow blows the rest.
jtsmommie0104
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I sit on the couch with my son and dog a lot lol. I cook and I clean. Me and my son go to the park/movies/bowling or a play date or some activity every day during the week. We hire someone for the outside stuff. 

Hubby works and folds laundry, and on the weekends he takes the dog out. 

ETA: My hubby rather me play with DS and teach him/potty train him/keep his little mind stimulated then clean. Usually we clean together as a family at night, but it's only the living room.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I care for the kids and the house during the day on weekdays by myself. When DH is off he pitches in. We have no real designated responsibilities. We can both pitch in and do what needs to be done without any nagging,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN