Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When's the right time?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
Wondering how soon is too soon to take a test? Cycle the 1st-9th, intercourse may 12th, tested once may 27th, light spotting 29th-2nd. feeling sick and using the restroom more last week.....is it just my head?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Some tests say they can tell you before your bleeding ever appears so who knows.   You can try again within the week i would think.

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM

in the TTC group women test like nine days post ovulation.  I always wait until I know I'm late, because with my first, I had no symptoms.  Shocked the crap out of me when the test read positive!

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I will usually wait  until I know I am late. Good luck.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

shjchica
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I had the same problem! My periods were always so screwy that I thought for sure I was just "late" and it'd show up. I was slightly crampy, felt bloated, thought for SURE my period was coming. One of the girls from work laughed at me and told me I was pregnant. I argued with her for a full week past when AF was supposed to show up...then I tested...and I say on the toilet laughing hysterically because I had no symptoms either...even though light cramps and bloated feeling kind of are symptoms lol
Quoting SRUsarahSC:

in the TTC group women test like nine days post ovulation.  I always wait until I know I'm late, because with my first, I had no symptoms.  Shocked the crap out of me when the test read positive!

CafeMom Tickers
.Sarah.Marie.
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Id test again now...are you late?

Monkey92
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

See thats the thing I dont know if that spotting was another 'period' or 'implantation' bleeding I've seen something about that around the Net. Thats whats so frustrating about my PCOS for me atleast, i can go months without any period (but I know thats not pregnancy cause I wasnt sexually active then of course lol) but sometimes I can get 2 periods a month, REALLLLYY bad cramps like not able to get out of bed, kind of bad. then sometimes it comes around the same time for a few months like recently its been the 1st-9th, give or take a few days.  So I think for now (so I dont waste a preg.test) I'm going to anxiously wait until the 9th to test.... this is all just so scary for me only because I had a miscarriage at 17 because of my PCOS. so just completely on edge with my body acting this way. yet in a weird way I know I'll be devestated if I'm not...even tho I know I'm still too young. Just that yearning to be a mom inside is screaming TEST TEST TEST. Ugh. anyone else ever feel like that? I feel crazy lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)