Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have a ten month old who is moving quickly in the feeding department. She demolishes stage 3 baby food and seems most happy when she's feeding herself with finger foods(cheese cubes, crackers, easy mac, chicken nuggets, banana chunks). I am very much pregnant and have a super messy husband (constantly cleaning!). I don't have a lot of time for cooking since i spend most of my time off my feet (sciatic nerve and swelling nightmares!) and i'm new at this. I need ideas for super easy meals that are filling. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
NannyElin
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I have a picky 3 year old, and a picky DH for that matter.... lol... my 3 year old likes spagetti, so i get her those little chef bouarde(spelling?) meals in the little microwavable bowl. they are somewhere around 80 or 90 cents per bowl, and she eats those. also she eats yogurt, those little fruit puree on the go pouches, cereal, poptarts, goldfish, shredded cheese, and frozen pizzas that i make in the toaster oven. i have shown this list of her foods to her doctor and nutritionalist who have both said that is a pretty good variety, especially if i can sneak some veggies in her spagetti or on her pizza. plus they want her to be eating more peanut butter. 

gah... sorry i ramble.... anyway.... i know that feeding a toddler while pregnant, or even feeding a toddler with a newborn can be very tiresome.... i have a 5 months old so im still at that point where im too busy, or lazy, or tired to make an extravagent meal.... but im telling you toaster oven pizza, and microwave spagetti.... pretty simple and good meals for a kid. =)

karamille
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Our kiddos ate pretty much what we ate.  Even at 10 months.  If meats were too tough I would run them thru the food processor with pan drippings or cream.  

Rhodin
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
By 10 months, my kids were mostly eating the same foods we were, but either minced or cut into chunks chunks or sticks, depending on consistency.
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you not eat? By this age I was feeding my DD everything we ate.

Blue_Spiral
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yogurt, ususally I give him goat's milk yogurt. He likes plain but usually he'd rather have vanilla flavored.

Just make sure it has live active cultures.

Quinoa pasta, pita bread, crackers, canned lentil soup is a huge favorite that's super easy.

A great snack is almond butter. You can get it freshly ground at any health food store. My son loves eating it with a spoon or dipping apples in it. YUM!

Chicken, fish, eggs, breakfast sausage. He hates any dark meat except breakfast sausage lol.

He loves helping me scramble and pour eggs into the pan. He loves feeling like he's helping and he LOVES eggs.

He loves stir fry veggies and raw carrot slices, apples, bananas, pears.

Frozen or fresh berries are a big hit, too.

It's really easy to find food you don't have to cook, but it's not that hard to just heat stuff up on the stove and avoid the microwave. Easy mac is really REALLY bad for a baby.

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

scrambled eggs, diced up hot dogs and baked beans, cottage cheese and diced peaches, spaghetti, smoothies are a good way to get in fruits and veggies and all you do is throw the ingredients in the blender!

jmaw89
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM
My dd loves beans!! Soups, rice, meatloaf, pasta, any kind of dip: hummus,salsa, ranch, sauce you name it! Grapes, carrots, apples, oranges, corn, I guess she's a pretty good eater though. She definitely has her days, and her "flavor of the day/week" where she'll want certain things or spit out stuff she likes. She just turned two.

Eta: oatmeal, raisins, biscuits and gravy, turkey, chicken, cold cereal ... Lol sorry I thought of more
emmy526
by Emmy on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM

How about precooking and freezing portions, so all you have to do is thaw, micro it, and serve...or, as another pp said, just feed her what you eat, only cut up smaller...that's what i did with all my kids.. i never bought baby food. 

mama23brie
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Lol of course. Just not consistantly. This is the first pregnancy i haven't sat around and just stuffed my face. Quite the opposite now. My husband even has to remind me to eat sometimes! And when i do eat, admittedly its total crap like pizza rolls cuz i'm a sucker for quick and easy lol. I guess i could start feeding her more of what we eat. I just didn't know that was ok just yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I suggest keeping chopped up fruits and veggies in the fridge already , you can precook pasta and then reheat it on the stove as single servings for her, have juice boxes or juice in her sippy cups premade for the day, cereal prepackaged in little snack sized zip lock bags, these things might make it less time for you on your feet. I had bad sciatic nerve pain with my last pregnancy. hope I was able to help some. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)