Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have a ten month old who is moving quickly in the feeding department. She demolishes stage 3 baby food and seems most happy when she's feeding herself with finger foods(cheese cubes, crackers, easy mac, chicken nuggets, banana chunks). I am very much pregnant and have a super messy husband (constantly cleaning!). I don't have a lot of time for cooking since i spend most of my time off my feet (sciatic nerve and swelling nightmares!) and i'm new at this. I need ideas for super easy meals that are filling. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
mom22boys333
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Feeding them what you're eating is cool, but if you're like me, you may not always be eating when they're hungry........My 4 yr old likes the Kids Cuisine meals but that could get expensive.....my 18 mo and 4 yr old both like the cheap chicken nuggets and tater tots...I but a big bag of each and within 5 minutes they both have a meal (I usually give them fruit or gummies with it)......If you don't mind them having not so healthy food, the small deep dish pizzas are easy (couple minutes in the microwave and 3 minutes in the oven)...again, not the healthiest but mine like it.

Will try to think of more easy stuff

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Why not just feed her what you eat?
That's what we did with DD.
Never saw the point in "kid foods"
Most of what people think as kid foods are junk and kids become picky because they are used to the hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM

The kids eat what we eat.

happysnappy
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

well I didn't go through the replies, but here are my ideas

mac & cheese

pancakes

grilled cheese

Hyman
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Lamb chops! Seared in a hot cast iron skillet. I season then with a lamb medley and sometimes I squeeze lemon over or I take the chops out of the pan, add some balsamic vinegar and butter and stock and let it boil down and add chops back in.

I also brown grass fed hamburger meat, and add it to tomato sauce or make it into meatballs and serve it to him with a veggie.

He loves peas and asparagus and we discovered he loves roasted herocot verts (those thin green beans).

I have tons of ideas if you want more you can message me.

I followed baby led weaning - just google and go to their blog/website. There's tons of recipes there.

At 9 months old I started giving my son meat. His first meat was lamb chops!
tamzinsmommy
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
My daughter is quite picky now but when she was younger she ate everything. Favorites of hers are sloppy jo (or anything that has to do with ground beef since she finds that easiest to chew ) , hot dogs, spaghetti, rice, mashed potatoes, veggies and fruits (any ) and toddler meals they sell in stores. Hope it helps!
AuntyEm774
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Ours just ate with us--just make her pieces smaller and let her try everything.
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Not sure, I just gave formula until a year and than slowly started feeding him whatever I ate, but heres a bump.

WendyJR
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Lunch meant and cheese cut up into pieces with crackers, toast, grilled cheese, beans (baked, black, cannelloni, etc), fresh fruit of any kind, rice, veggies (steamed & cut up), pasta (spaghetti, lasagna, homemade Mac and cheese), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken, apple sauce, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs

Both kids were just eating what we ate at that point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corasmommy2010
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Chef boyarde (sp) has great little cups that microwave in 30 sec, other than that my dd eats what we eat, just smaller pieces and portions
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN