Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have a ten month old who is moving quickly in the feeding department. She demolishes stage 3 baby food and seems most happy when she's feeding herself with finger foods(cheese cubes, crackers, easy mac, chicken nuggets, banana chunks). I am very much pregnant and have a super messy husband (constantly cleaning!). I don't have a lot of time for cooking since i spend most of my time off my feet (sciatic nerve and swelling nightmares!) and i'm new at this. I need ideas for super easy meals that are filling. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (61-69):
xxshelbyxxx
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:04 AM
How fucking cool is that

Quoting lovemymini:

Octodog on ramen with green food coloring.. I use angel hair pasta though

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:17 AM

chicken nuggets.

frozen pizza. Or when you have the time, you can make pizza from scratch. (it's super easy, and doesn't really take all that long to make)

Toasted cheese sammiches with a side of fruit or veggies.

There are tons of things you can do.

CafeMom Tickers
lace-n-heels
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

pb&J sandwiches, but let her use a big cookie cutter to cut a shape out. and then apple slices 

spaghettios

raviolis

hotdogs and cheese cubes (my dd LOVES hotdogs)

and tell your husband your not his mother and your not his maid. You have enough going on he needs to clean up after himself.

Mtakinboye
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
you may try different types of garber foods or cenamon sugar cereal. They are pretty fast and easy to prepare.
SparklePants
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Instead of giving her chicken nuggets why not just boil some chicken breast and chop them up for her? Don't give her all that processed stuff (the easy mac, chef boyardee, etc it's so so bad for her) 

you could make her some turkey meatloaf, ground turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs then cut it up like nuggets. My 8 month old just had some Avacado and Greek yogurt for breakfast, it's easy and it fills them up.

hell, even just make her some buttered noodles, it's a hell of a lot better than all that other stuff.

ITVMaryE
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I use to buy a sweet potato and just bake it in the oven when making dinner. My kids loved it so easy use to keep them cooked in refrigerator and just serve.
gordon3
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM

My daughter loves fruit, grapes cut up and strawberries were probably her favorite ones at that time... She liked pizza, chicken nuggets and hot dogs as well!

Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Fresh fruit, steam some veggies, baking chicken and then cubing it doesn't take long. Pasta is very quick. Avocado is great. Lunch for children is very easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calviinsmommy
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM

bumpp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)