Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

beyound frustraited..in tears update (more pics for fun!)

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

i know its just one of those (3 days in a row)  days that cadan just wants to eat. But its the 3rd day in a row. he wants to eatand eat.  he also wont sleep for the second day in a row. unless he is latched he is wide awake and wants to be sitting straight up!! laying him in the swing is a no. putting him his play pen is a no. so i have to hold him up so he can see so he wont scream!!!! or he just wants to eat or he screams!!! 3 1/2 weeks old and im already frustraited. 

Gwens none talking is driving me nuts its either "ma"  or she humms. And im so tired of it!!! she knows some sign launguage but not enough to say anything other hten milk, juice, dad, mom,  please and thankyou.  So she just gets so frustraied she yells or trhows her toys. and i try not to do something unless she attemps to say aword but that just makes her madder. 

The dogs want in so bad my husky wont quit howling which was cute the first 2 times but its ony 930 am and she has howled about 50 times.  But them inside with my two year old and me not being able to play reforee right away is a headache!!  she wont quit taking there toys...which makes them chase her...which means things are constantly being nocked over she is nocked over they scream and bark and i just cant handle that when cadan is being so...i dont even know waht to call it. its not fussy...its just he is a "old soul" and wants to see the world.  and he is hungry. 

im so tired. i thought with him being awake all day he would sleep great at night...which he did he slept all night didnt have his 3 hour wake ups...but he wants to eat every hour for 20 min!!! i have plenty of milk he is just going threw a growth spurt i guess but after 3 days im so need a break!! and hubby will be gone for 12 hours today!!! left just before we all gone up and will be home just as were getting ready for bed!!!!  i just want to cry!!

hello world. IM cadan im 3 1/2 weeks and i have to sit straight up or i get mad!! so mad im starting to roll over and use my elbows to hold my head/shoulders up!!! i hate laying down!

update!!! he is asleep!! yay!! LOL.  oh man i gave up and turned on cartoons for my daughter and i forced my self to just sit since she was distracted. so he ate and ate and ate. then he wanted to sit up so i sat him up next to his sissy. and he just sat tehre looking around and baby talking. then his eyes went glossy and he slowly started to slump.  so i pickedhim up put him in his play pen and OUT!! yay!  He is gonna be like his sissy and completly stop sleeping during theday at 2 months im sure of it.  she completly stopped napping during the day at that age. made my days harder LOL.

I tried the carrier so i could clean he didnt like it couldnt turn his head or sit up high enough.  I have a sling but im not very good at it. It never sits right and i end up hurting while using it.  and i only know how to use it with him agaisnt tummy head on my chest.....which i try but since he cant see he just fights it.  is there a way to use the sling so he can look out?

For those that ask. Its not reflux.  i know all about reflux and gas since he was bothered when i had milk it was a hard first week!! once i quit the dairy he stopped being gassy and spitting up.

pics just for fun

first day home

snuggling with momma

3 days old wanting to sit up and listen to grandma

sitting with my big sissy

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CarlyEliz
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM
what an adorable caption for the pic. sorry your having such a hard time I have been there!
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I do understand what you're going through, my son was big, strong, and hungry most of the time when he was a baby and preferred to be held at all times. Please do try and just don't let it get to you, it will pass and just be a vague memory in time, probably a pleasant one at that. Babies grow up quickly and while it can be exhausting just try to rest when you can and forget everything but the children, the rest will all wait, I promise. My thoughts are with you, if it would help please feel free to PM me, I wish you were someplace where I could help more directly but I'm in Chicago.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry hang in there it will pass
KittyTussand
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Thanks.  i just had to vent get some frustration out. IM better now.  Just hard with a two year old who is defanitly going threw terrible twos, who cant/wont talk, who wants to play all the time with me.  and my husky who is used to being by my side and going for runs is locked out side. 

and i dont remember my daughter going threw such long growth spurts.  hers were a day and a half and went back to normal.

and i hate having a ditry house it bugs me so bad (im not ocd about it..but i have no clean plates or forks lol) but after cadan screamed for 10 min in his swing while i fixed lunch...im just gonna have to deal.

Quoting GaleJ:

I do understand what you're going through, my son was big, strong, and hungry most of the time when he was a baby and preferred to be held at all times. Please do try and just don't let it get to you, it will pass and just be a vague memory in time, probably a pleasant one at that. Babies grow up quickly and while it can be exhausting just try to rest when you can and forget everything but the children, the rest will all wait, I promise. My thoughts are with you, if it would help please feel free to PM me, I wish you were someplace where I could help more directly but I'm in Chicago.

CafeMom Tickers
KittyTussand
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

i love that picture.  he looks just like his daddy.  *scowl! just one of those days.  never thoughta  growth spurt could last so long.  and my plate is so full of things to do i got frustraited with it all.

Quoting CarlyEliz:

what an adorable caption for the pic. sorry your having such a hard time I have been there!

CafeMom Tickers
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM

It sounds like you're (understandably) overwhelmed. Does your husband help you at all? Do you have any family or friends, or a church or synagogue community that can help you out? The growth spurt will be over, probably before you know it, but in the meantime it just sounds like your hands are full!

KittyTussand
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

he does!! yesterday he took our daughter tot he park and di the grocrie shopping.  But 2 weeks befor cadan arrived he got promoted So he is at work longer and more spuratic due to training. So he isnt here as much as he would like to...which is why he is gone so long today. has to do training, store order, go to managers meeting at a diffrent store.  *sigh. my mother has a "i had to do it by my self, do you gotta deal"  mentality.  She didnt even come to the birth.  MIL will be in tomarrow but she has to take care of her mom and brother today. 

My friends are all busy partying or working.   im basicly just here alone unless hubby is here.

Quoting jhslove:

It sounds like you're (understandably) overwhelmed. Does your husband help you at all? Do you have any family or friends, or a church or synagogue community that can help you out? The growth spurt will be over, probably before you know it, but in the meantime it just sounds like your hands are full!

CafeMom Tickers
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you are having such problems. Have you talked to your pediatrician? If he wants to be held up straight, he could have gas or reflux disease. Check with doc.

KittyTussand
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM

nope no reflux or gas (ecept before i realised he cant have "milk"  so im now dairy free)  he just likes to sit up.  he was able to hold his head up early and is wide eyed.  he just wants to look at everything.  is really likes when the dogs are playing. or when gwen comes over and sings he watches her for the longest time.

Quoting elasmimi:

Sorry you are having such problems. Have you talked to your pediatrician? If he wants to be held up straight, he could have gas or reflux disease. Check with doc.

CafeMom Tickers
loving.life
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Can you get a baby carrier so you can hold him hands free?

Hugs. One of my twins wont sleep. Driving me nuts... i feel for ya!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)