Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy cow, is this too much?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

Wow. We are a homeschooling family and I believe in the need for a schedual. 

But I saw this on a blog, and its just insane to me. 

And the mom too! Whom ever this is for, is up by 4am. And I dont see ANYWHERE on this for just relax time. 

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Yeah... Don't those kids get any just play time and that poor mom
GagaNTattooS
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I hope school for 2 weeks and went crazy no thanks..
ATG499
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I see half hour of "free play" for Little Guy but that's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A-nony-mous
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

It's not that bad. It ends at 3 pm, just like regular school, then nothing seems planned after that. Also between 9:30 and 10:30 is essentially free time to play and eat it looks like. Some people need a schedule or else you fall into not doing things or putting them off a lot. 

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
From 930-10am there is built in "excersize" time it looks like. That may be a recess type thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM

yeah. but if its structured excersize, its not really free play. KWIM? 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

From 930-10am there is built in "excersize" time it looks like. That may be a recess type thing.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I can totally see that. but unless i am reading this wrong, it looks like after 3, they have a slew of school work to do as well

Quoting A-nony-mous:

It's not that bad. It ends at 3 pm, just like regular school, then nothing seems planned after that. Also between 9:30 and 10:30 is essentially free time to play and eat it looks like. Some people need a schedule or else you fall into not doing things or putting them off a lot. 

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Then maybe that is their "PE ". Who really knows? Some of these kinds of schedules work for other families.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

yeah. but if its structured excersize, its not really free play. KWIM? 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A-nony-mous
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I thought that was more a list of assigned subjects for the day that maybe corresponded to other sections.

Like where it says Art/Composter at 2:30 pm it looks like Monday it's 'Composer', Tuesday maybe it switches to 'art', Wed it's 'Composer'. Same for the 1 pm History/Science.

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I think the stuff on the bottom might be the different courses they study on a certain day.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

I can totally see that. but unless i am reading this wrong, it looks like after 3, they have a slew of school work to do as well

Quoting A-nony-mous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN